SureRide on airplane?

U

Unregistered

Hi,

We're going on an international flight. Will our SureRide fit on the plane? Can it fit RF or only FF? My daughter is 2 and still RF in the car, but she can technically go FF. Not sure what's preferable for a 12 hour flight anyway. . .

Thanks!

ADS
It should fit fine on the plane -- surely FF, and likely RF as well. RF always depends on the plane and how close together the rows are. What airline(s) will you be on?

All US-registered airlines are required to let you RF if you want and can get the seat to fit. Most internationally registered ones will as well but there are a handful (esp. British Airways) that forbid it.

I like having kids RF on planes -- partly for safety, of course, but partly because it gives me more shoulder room if I'm sitting next to them. It also keeps them from kicking someone else's seat. Flip side, the passenger next row up may not be able to recline their seat if the car seat is too close.

Olga

You'll have to let us know how you make out. I'm thinking about bringing it for my DD for a trip we are planning in a couple of months. She would be FF as she's over the RF limits but if you can get it to fit I would definitely recommend having yours RF. Especially on longer flights when kids are likely to sleep the RF recline is great, plus it keeps toys from falling all over the place as they stay on their lap better. And I second the benefit of kiddo not kicking the seat in front of them - when DD was a bit younger (and still always RF in the car) we put her FF on a flight once and the kicking was horrible, really stressed us out as she kept doing it. We put her back to RF on the trip home. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if she was already FF in the car but she was just not used to it and it was a mess.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC