Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Which Harness Booster for Travel?

Hi All -
    First post here, and after using the search function you can tell there is a lot of knowledge available on these forums. That said however, I was unable to find an answer to my specific question. My daughter is currently in a Britax Frontier 90 harness booster and we are slated to do some traveling and I dont want to pull that seat out of our car and check it on a plane, it costs too much and I am not willing to jeopardize the integrity of the seat she uses every day.

So, I want to buy a second, inexpensive yet safe, harness booster to use in the rental car at our destination. I looked into renting a seat from Hertz but the cost and questions raised by doing so make buying a second seat worth it in my opinion. The only harness booster I have seen recomended for this purpose is the Evenflo Maestro. We owned a convertible Evenflo, not sure which model anymore, but it was very wide, is the Maestro wide as well? Obviously, given we will need to lug it around with us, the more nimble and lightweight the better!

What do you all recommend for an inexpensive harness booster only for use in a rental car during travel?

Thank you all in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Which Harness Booster for Travel?

How old is your daughter, and what are her weight and height? That'll help us give you some good recommendations.

Sorry. She is 3.5 years, approx 37" and approx 40lbs.

Thank you!

I would get the Maestro -- it is reasonably narrow and very lightweight. Widely available and reasonably priced. Easy to install in a variety of rental cars.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

CPS Fanatic

The Maestro was our go-to for that type of travel.
    Very light!
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I'd probably go with Maestro, too. I'd also recommend taking it on the plane with you. Besides providing safety in case of turbulence or a rough landing, etc., it guarantees that the seat will make it to your destination, and that it won't be damaged along the way.

Great! Thank you all for your recommendations!

I also loved the Maestro for travel. Also, it is low profile enough that the tray table still pulled down for coloring and things.
    Mom to Jacob age 7, and step mom to Ava and Ender, ages 8 & 6!