Which Harness Booster for Travel?

brtt485

Hi All -
First post here, and after using the search function you can tell there is a lot of knowledge available on these forums. That said however, I was unable to find an answer to my specific question. My daughter is currently in a Britax Frontier 90 harness booster and we are slated to do some traveling and I dont want to pull that seat out of our car and check it on a plane, it costs too much and I am not willing to jeopardize the integrity of the seat she uses every day.

So, I want to buy a second, inexpensive yet safe, harness booster to use in the rental car at our destination. I looked into renting a seat from Hertz but the cost and questions raised by doing so make buying a second seat worth it in my opinion. The only harness booster I have seen recomended for this purpose is the Evenflo Maestro. We owned a convertible Evenflo, not sure which model anymore, but it was very wide, is the Maestro wide as well? Obviously, given we will need to lug it around with us, the more nimble and lightweight the better!

What do you all recommend for an inexpensive harness booster only for use in a rental car during travel?

Thank you all in advance!

ADS

bubbaray

I would get the Maestro -- it is reasonably narrow and very lightweight. Widely available and reasonably priced. Easy to install in a variety of rental cars.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd probably go with Maestro, too. I'd also recommend taking it on the plane with you. Besides providing safety in case of turbulence or a rough landing, etc., it guarantees that the seat will make it to your destination, and that it won't be damaged along the way.

erind

I also loved the Maestro for travel. Also, it is low profile enough that the tray table still pulled down for coloring and things.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC