van with RF boosters???

bnsnyde

What van does this? It was not an Odyssey, is all I know.

The mom had the outboard seat rear-facing, so that seemed to be some sort of feature. I guess maybe both were (hard to see in).
Then the 3rd row seats faced the RF seats. So everybody faced each other.

She asked her kids if they wanted to be forward or backwards.
They chose backwards, and she buckled them into boosters, but on a rear-facing seat of the van.

I never saw this before. Probably not allowed by the booster company though that was the set-up she had.

ADS

Dillipop

I think it was a dodge/Chrysler thing for a couple years. Pretty sure the car manual states that they can not be used facing the rear with car seats of any kind though.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Right. Using them with child restraints isn't allowed by the vehicle or CR manufacturer (specially forbidden).

bnsnyde

So you could rear-face your teens? Kind of cool I guess!

But yes, she was using boosters there so against any carseat manual rules.

Shanora

Someone local to me installed her infant seat and then turned the seats..... So the seat was forward facing. "Made it easier to reach baby when I am driving"

seb3244

Someone local to me installed her infant seat and then turned the seats..... So the seat was forward facing. "Made it easier to reach baby when I am driving"

So she installed her infant seat rear facing then turned the actual car seat rear facing?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC