Clek Foonf-Strap malfunction

TwinMomma

We have a (?2012) Clek Foonf and had an issue with the straps the other day. After tightening the straps I pulled at the shoulders to make sure everything was tight but the straps hadn't 'locked' and I was able to pull them completely loose (all the way out). This happened over and over again- they just wouldn't lock. It eventually just fixed itself somehow and the seat seems fine today but I obviously don't trust it.
I tried calling Clek today and waited a long time to talk to someone but was eventually redirected to leave a message and I still haven't heard back.
Has anybody heard of this before?
(I'm in Canada but posted this in the General section as I imagine it would apply to any Foonf)

Thanks

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I haven't heard of it happening, but Clek has excellent customer service so you should hear back from them shortly.

tiggercat

I have heard of this issue specific to snowy/icy areas if a piece of road salt gets stuck in the harness adjuster. Definitely follow up with clek, but if it happens again, examine the adjuster where you pull to tighten to see if there is any debris stopping it from functioning properly.

U

Unregistered

Mine does the exact same thing and I can’t figure it out!! Did you ever get to the source of the problem?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC