almost 3, wwyd

Kel

Hi all! My DD will be 3 next month. I'm going to be getting a new seat for my van this week. I'm not sure what to do....I'm strongly considering getting a diono again. Right now she's in a my ride 65. She has a few inches of room left still. This is her all time favorite seat. She rejects all other seats. But I'm moving it to my mini van. I don't want another MR. This seat will go in out 12 passenger van.

So, do I by a diono to keep her RFng till 4? Or by the Argo 80 elite, and flip her at 3? I want the MR in the small van because the big kids can buckle themselves under it easier. I just really don't know if I'm ok with turning her yet...

Oh, and she's small. Like 20% for height and 40% for weight.

Thanks!

ADS

Kel

Ok. So she'd get to 4 I'm sure in a pria. Ill show her some pics and see what she thinks. I know she'd like the cup holder as she loves the ones on her my ride.

Does everyone here agree that I should try to RF to 4?

Anyone thik I should buy the Argos and flip her?

Kel

I put her in the van FF a few minutes ago, and she still looks like such a baby still! I just can't do it! Everyone thinks I'm weird for FFing past a yr. What would people think if they knew I was panicking over a 3 yr old, lol.

I'm going to re look at the Prias.

Which RNs are people preferring? The newer seats or the last gen seats?

jacqui276

If it is doable to continue rear facing her, I would.

If you don't need every last morsel of space for a tight 3-across, the newer Diono seats are nice with the extra protection around the head. They are a little bit wider at the top of the seat though so can make installing in tight places a bit more challenging. I don't think that you would need the extra weight limits of the newer ones for your kiddo since she is pretty small.

Reactions: Kel

Kel

Ok ....I've decided I don't want the pria. I'm thinking since this is for a 3 yr old it should RF tether or have anti rebound. Plus it's nice to have a narrow seat in case the need ever comes up.
I know I don't want the new click tights either. The thought went through my mind to get a Foonf, BUT then I'd feel like I need to use it forever. We are ttc #7 though..
So if I get a Diono, which one? How much do you really think the deeper shell will help? It doesn't look much deeper to me. She usually sits outboard in my 12 passenger van. That makes me think the newer style word be better. The only one she remotely liked was the diono in Spring. She got excited about flowers. Lol.

Any thoughts?

gigi

I have to say the Boulevard Click tight is my favorite seat ever and I have had many. I loved the Fllo too but my daughter is very tall so I figured the height would be better. Also, the Fllo base was rough and thus hard to buckle a booster in our 3 across.

Kel

Thanks ladies!

Any thoughts on the difference between the new and older Dionos?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have only used old style, but I was disappointed at even the adding of the hip portions. I like my super low profile/side less seat - so much easier. (I just moved kiddo from a MR to an RXT, so I feel you!) Then again, if lifting her into the MR wasn't an issue, the SIP of the newer seats sure couldn't hurt.

Kel

We drive a Ford 12 passenger van. 3 rows of benches. She's usually lifted up into the van then crawls into the seat herself. So no issues with a deep seat on that end.
She just always rejects other seats. She loves the MR. I could buy another one, but would rather have a different seat in case she has a growing spurt or something. Or if we need a narrow one for some reason.

I'm thinking the Spring seat might help her to like the seat better, lol. She Seen the flowers and got excited. I like the black and white checkered diono, but of course she had no interest in it. Lol.

I guess my main worry is the lack of SIP...I went through this about a yr and a half ago with my DS. I love the SIP of the MR.

BUT my van is some what of a tank so maybe she'll get enough protection that way?? PLUS, Dionos install crazy easy in my van.

Why couldn't they have put spring on the new models!!!

jacqui276

If pretty flowers would convince her to ride in it, I would probably go with the spring RXT. By continuing to rear face her, you are offering her additional safety that she wouldn't get in a deeper seat that she would grow out of faster and need to be turned around in.

I have both of my RXTs in outboard positions in our vehicles and am comfortable with that choice. Unfortunately, my almost 3 year old has now hit the weight limit so has recently turned FFing though.

Kel

Thank you! I needed the reassurance that the rxt would be ok outboard.

I'm going to look for a deal on the Spring now. Hope I can one on sale!
Thhen pray she doesn't cry for the MR again, lol.

Kel

I'm back, lol.
Think I got an ok deal. $285.
First I bought a Daytona rxt. It's an Amazon open box. I would rather have plum for a second cover, but that's what it was so I went with it.
Then went to Diono and bought the Spring cover for 56.xx shipped.

So pretty good??

I'm figuring I might try and trade the red for plum.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC