Traded Husky for two boosters today

scatterbunny

I know this other CPS-obsessed mom in another town who's been hanging on to two Bodyguards even though her 4yo is harnessed in a Husky in the main vehicle. We decided to trade my Husky for her two Bodyguards, so now Hayley is officially in a booster full-time, at 6 years, 4 months old, 49 inches tall and 54 pounds. :eek: Of course I have mixed emotions about it, but she is really ready, in my heart I know that.

And while the Parkway was too short in the leg, the Bodyguard is just right. :thumbsup: 14 inches deep, deeper than the Compass B510, which she is also comfy in.

I know lots of folks don't like the Bodyguard's lapbelt lockoffs, but I love them. :p Hayley's not used to them yet, but she loves the awesome sidewings so much that she's willing to overlook the annoying lockoffs for now. :D

She fell asleep on the way home from picking up the boosters and her head did not fall forward a single time.

If I can ever find my USB cord I can post pics of her in the Bodyguard, and pics of it compared to the Parkway. The Bodyguard really fits her better IMHO.

We will miss the Husky so much, but Hayley was using the top slots and asking to use a booster more often, and when she does use a booster I don't find myself reminding her to sit back anymore; she just knows. I think it was the right thing to do. Let's hope I don't regret it!

ADS

lovinwaves

Aw Jenny what a BIG decision you made today! I think you have taught Hayley so much about cps and how to keep in position that she won't have any problems. I think we would all LOVE to see some pix!

scatterbunny

Thanks, Melissa. :p And I think you're right; the mom I traded with said her ds actually unbuckles boosters going down the road! :eek: Hayley has never done that, I think because I showed her crash-test footage from age 2 and scared the crap out of her. :p So I'm happy to help keep that little boy safer in his secondary vehicle, and I'm happy Hayley has a comfy booster that we both like (and an extra, even!).

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My daughter was 6 years (within a week after her birthday), 52 pounds and 48 inches when she moved to a booster full time. She was very ready & most of the time she is great -- when she has a friend in the car with us, she leans a lot more than I like, but she is ok for the most part.

scatterbunny

I'll update my sig as soon as I find the freaking USB cord. I am SO scatterbrained. :rolleyes: I know I have a whole cache of USB cords somewhere; remembering exactly where is the problem. :p

Gypsy, you're so lucky to have a younger sibling to be carseat-obsessed over--moving her to a booster full-time has added a whole new dimension to baby fever! :D I only want a baby for the cool new gear I'd get, LOL!

Morganthe

I only want a baby for the cool new gear I'd get, LOL!

LOL -- It's pathetic, but so do I :p

I hope dd has kids fairly young. I'm going to be so involved picking out stuff :p SHE can deal with all the parenting PITA rearing techniques. I just want to play with the gear.

Hard to believe that quite a few of women my age are Grandmothers. :eek:

Sounds like she'll be just fine in a booster. It's a bittersweet milestone though. DD rode in one at Grandma's house for a couple of blocks to a party. She sat picture perfect, but was thrilled to return to her Regent. I was amazed how well she did do.

I have a difficult time fathoming that the 'average' parent would already have her in a booster or (in TX) a 3pt seatbelt because she's 'tall' at 42". :thumbsdown:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I have the same problem w/ USB cords. I've just left my camera cord in my laptop right now, but at some point, Ds2 will steal it, and 6 months from now, we'll find it in a toy box or some other random place. I refuse to believe I put it there. LOL It has to be ds!

Mama2J

Congratulations Jenny and Hayley! The time goes so fast doesn't it? I'm hoping for J to make it to 8 harnessed, but who knows what will happen? Even if he does make it that long though, it is only a few short years away...

tchanbaby

Jenny, we were really happy with our bodyguards...until Rebecca outgrew the things by height. :mad:

I was never comfortable sending it when she would ride with others; just because of the lockoff being so different from other booster seats. I was afraid the lockoff would get missed so I sent the mainstream turbobooster when she went with friends.

scatterbunny

She outgrew the Bodyguard before the Parkway? When I use a tape measure I get about half an inch more for the BG than the PW; but as we all know, sometimes measurements aren't all there is to it. :p

I know what you mean about not wanting to send the BG with friends; luckily Hayley's best friend uses a BG regularly, so I know SHE will know how to use it. :) When she rides with others I'll send the Compass, because she knows how to do it perfectly all by herself, including remembering to put the armrest down after buckling.

These BGs will be used in my van and Mark's truck. I feel better having the BG in Mark's truck because it's deeper torso wings seem more protective (we have been using the B510 in his truck) and she's outboard (it's an older 1994 F150).

tchanbaby

Yeah, I bought the parkway after she outgrew the bodyguard because she needs a high back for Kevin's Excursion.

Here she is in the bodyguard fully extended:

DSCN35322007-08-05.jpg

And here she is in her new parkway...
Normal use:
DSCN36372007-08-17.jpg

And fully extended:
DSCN36382007-08-17.jpg

scatterbunny

Wow, that is quite a difference. I wish they hadn't made the PW's seat depth shorter than the BG. :( Taller heightwise but shorter depthwise makes no sense.

Your dd is SO adorable, by the way. :p Love her sweet smile!

tchanbaby

I know, I was really shocked when I found out how much taller the parkway went than the bodyguard.

They need a combination of the parkway and bodyguard then, huh?

Thanks for the compliment, Hayley is quite cute herself!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC