convertible seat travel cart

Angie

Any opinions on the Brica Roll and Go? Or the GoGo Kidz cart? Or the Britax cart?

Trying to get all my plans in line for our trip and wanting advice on what to use to stroll the convertible seat around in. And any advice on where to buy any of them cheap would be good. :)

Her seat is an Evenflo Sureride DLX, if that is a consideration.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

Dillipop

We use a $15 luggage cart that I got at Kmart or Walmart years ago. It's good for up to 100 lbs, I think and I've never had a problem attaching our seats to it using the latch and tether straps, though you could also use a bungie cord.

seb3244

Mine is from Amazon and was about $22 and works well. I will post what brand in the morning when I have a chance to look

Angie

Thanks!

Hoping to find something that I definitely can roll the carseat all the way down the aisle, preferably. :)

Dillipop

Thanks! Hoping to find something that I definitely can roll the carseat all the way down the aisle, preferably. :)

With a luggage cart, that's going the depend entirely on the seat attached to it. My car seats have always been wider than the cart itself.

Angie

With a luggage cart, that's going the depend entirely on the seat attached to it. My car seats have always been wider than the cart itself.

I guess I just assumed the Sureride was of the narrower seats.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm no expert. That's why I come here. :p

Dillipop

My cart is maybe 12 inches wide at it's widest point- the wheels. Every car seat I've seen is wider than that. How wide is the seat you have?

Dillipop

From this chart, the minimum width if an aisle at less than 25 inches is 15 inches. 25 inches from the floor and above must have 20 inches between seats.

http://www.risingup.com/fars/info/part25-815-FAR.shtml

So, if the sureride is wider than 15 inches, you may not be able to roll it down the aisle. Doesn't mean you have to take it off the cart until you get to your seat though. It's lightweight and isn't too hard to hold up above that 2ft mark to get rough space to walk through with it.

Most airliner aisles are 17" wide in coach. At 25" from the floor they're required to go to 20" wide, minimum. So it seems like the Sureride, at 18.5", is most likely to get stuck -- but if the width is at the top and it's a tall cart, maybe it'd fit. We've never had to detach a 17" seat from the back of a rolling bag to get it down an aisle, but it usually does require some wiggling. Anything wider is unlikely to make it.

I haven't used any of the carts but I do know I would never buy a GoGoBabyz -- at least not if you still have to screw & unscrew the carseat from it! Security will nearly always require you to unscrew your carseat to get it through the scanner, and that can take up to about 5 minutes. I've stood in a lot of security & boarding lines while frustrated parents dealt with that cart.

The Brica looks better and should fit great in an overhead bin, but there are a lot of complaints about its durability. Maybe the Britax? I don't know. A lot of people have great luck just with regular luggage carts. I'd probably recommend trying that route first. Or just strapping the seat to a rolling bag, which has always worked best for us.

Dillipop

The first one linked looks just like the one I have. The loops over the wheels work awesome to attach premium latch connectors.

Angie

If I could get the Britax version of the cart for cheap, or get a good deal on the stroll and roll Zoomer, does anyone have an opinion on either one of those? Anyone know how heavy the Zoomer is?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC