What would you do with these old seats?

kalishea

Hi,
Quick question... I have 3 MyRide 65's that we have outgrown. I was going to donate them or sell them for minimal rather then throw them away but I'm concerned that the person(s) that end up with them will not follow the expiration date as 2 of the seats expire in August of this year and the other expires in November of this year.
What would you do with these seats that don't have much life left?

Thanks!

ADS

bnsnyde

I had a Chaperone expiring in May I sold for $5 to someone to get through winter with baby. Mine is due April so the seat isn't going to be useful for me.

But for a seat that is used a lot longer, yes, it might be tricky.
I guess you'd need to know someone who has a use for them and understands when to stop using them.

If not, maybe the lazy boy idea, lol.

jgomez411

Maybe you could just sell the covers if they're in good shape? And see if someone wants the seats for the Trade In at BRU? Is that still going on?

Kel

I keep one in my laundry room. DD sits and watches me from it. My DS 4, fights her for it, lol.

I would sell the covers first off. Maybe keep one or two for the toys r us trade it then?

Athena

I had a soon to expire seat I gave away with the understanding they would only use it until expiration. Yes, it is true they might have lied, but I wasn't going to let it go to waste worrying about that. There are plenty of people for whom using the seat for a short time could be a huge help and I'd rather someone get some months out of a seat than it go to waste. Even if you sell a seat years from expiration, that person could use it longer or use it improperly in some other way.

P.S. However, if you can use it in some other way, need the covers, or need it to trade in, well that's not going to waste.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC