Twisting Radian straps

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just replaced our Radian chest clip with the Britax one (thanks Elle!!) and noticed that the strap was folded over in the buckle tongue. I emailed Russ and got the usual canned response everyone else gets...and that I can buy wider "tongs" but they are not necessary. I just have a problem paying $260 for a seat that needs 'upgrades' in order to be useful...:rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's pretty normal for the strap to fold over slightly like that where the buckle tongue sits. It's really not a safety risk, more an annoyance if the strap did manage to twist completely.. it would take a great deal of time to have that happen though, and as long as you make sure it doesn't happen, you'll be fine.

I have the wider buckle tongues, and I actually had a strap get twisted (well the buckle tongue ended up flipped a half turn.) I'm probably going to put the smaller ones back on. I just haven't felt like taking the seat out and bringing it into the house & fighting with the buckle tongues. :rolleyes:

I've got one Radian with the narrow-slotted buckle tongs, and one with the wider set. Other than the concern over possible fraying over time (with the narrow ones), I haven't noticed any difference between the two WRT to twisting or folding. Well, other than the fact that the narrow slot automatically folds the harness strap slightly. It doesn't get any worse than that slight "curling over" due to the narrowness. I've decided I'm not going to bother getting the wider tongs for the 2nd seat. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC