Feeling the RXT love.

nataliem257

I have been a fairly loyal Britax brat...I have an old Sunshine Kids Radian XT that was handed down from my sister and I could write novels about how much I hate that seat.  Main complaints were I hate hate hated the tether on it, couldn't stand the tug tug harness, hated the chest clip, and it was a monster to install in every car I tried it in.  I had Boulevards for DD2, one for my car and my mother's car and I loved them.  Around the time DD2 turned 2, my mom wanted to give her seat to my nephew and purchase a new seat for her car because it was getting very hard to load DD2 for her (Ford Taurus, very sloped door entry, almost impossible not to bonk her head).  I begrudgingly purchased an RXT, cursing to myself the entire time.  There it's been since, getting very occasional use. Fast forward to 2y9m and it was getting next to impossible to load her into MY car, especially in winter time with coats and boots on.  She's very tall and leggy so it felt like I was trying to stuff her into a folded lawn chair every morning....so as a last resort before turning prior to my RF goal of three, I turned her in my mother's car which she rarely rides in and moved the RXT to my car, selling my beloved boulevard :crying:. I have to say I'm kinda in love! They fixed the tether so that's no longer an issue.  The tug tug harness grew on me because it doesn't have to be adjusted every day (the strap in the boulevard was constantly getting caught under her when I put her in prior to putting on the harness, pulling it to tight).  The most surprising part was how EASY the seatbelt install is in both cars I've tried.  It installs in my mom's taurus and my Mazda 5 with angle adjuster without even using a knee, just buckle and pull tight, rock solid in less than 3 minutes.  I might be offically converted.  And as you can see DD2 hates it.....

ADS

LC2003

That's interesting, because after I sold my 3 Radian XTSLs, I decided to never buy a Radian again because of how god-awful difficult they were to install once the super latch feature became useless because of the weight-limit changes. I had to have DH install them and he would complain the whole time.

cookie123

I Can reply again! Yay!

Yeah, I hated the harness adjuster on the Radian. I finally got over it by not adjusting. Matthew could get himself in it fine without and learned to buckle up pretty young too. He was determined. We did not do coats or boots in the car.

I doubt I will have a Radian again. Even though I DO love the leg room.

nataliem257

I Can reply again! Yay!

Yeah, I hated the harness adjuster on the Radian. I finally got over it by not adjusting. Matthew could get himself in it fine without and learned to buckle up pretty young too. He was determined. We did not do coats or boots in the car.

I doubt I will have a Radian again. Even though I DO love the leg room.
Her jacket is a North Face Perrito jacket, it compresses enough that the harness stays the same with or without the coat on. We stopped doing boots though because that just wasn't worth it!

lgenne

I love the RF Radian install with AA in the 2nd row of my Mazda 5 too! I'm using LATCH still. Good to know the seat belt works well too.

ctbcleveland

In about six months, I will be retiring my radians. It will be a sad day. My first radian has been in continual use since my oldest was a year old and he is now seven. Sniff.

jacqui276

Yay glad it is working out well for you! I love my Radians (have 2 RXTs now but have owned 4). I find them stupid easy to install rear facing in just about every vehicle I have put them in. Forward facing can be a bit trickier but still hasn't caused me any great grief. The harness adjuster isn't my favourite but I rarely adjust the harness so it hasn't been an issue.

She is super cute too by the way!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC