Britax Clicktight on airplane

U

Unregistered

I just ordered a britax clicktight advocate and can not buy a "travel" carseat. at most i will travel on a plane once a year. should i exchange for a clicktight blvd? they r both about the same wait and it seems the advocate is two inches wider but i think that is on the top not the base. do the clicktights fit on airplane seats

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Advocate is two inches wider at the shoulders.

But you could return it and get a Boulevard and have the same use and lifespan, and buy a Cosco Scenera Next or something for travel.

Both Britaxes will fit on a plane's seat. You might need to put the armrest up.

Wendy

henrietta

I'm with Wendy...if you really feel like you can't buy a second seat later...don't purchase the Advocate...go for the Boulevard now and save the leftover $$ to buy a Cosco Scenera NEXT when you fly. I have an Advocate and there is absolutely no way in this world I'm hauling that beast through any airport!! It's really heavy. I could care less that it "fits" & is approved for airline use! LOL I'm not carrying or rolling it anywhere in an airport. I'd do almost anything, short of flying without a seat for my kid, to keep from carrying a heavy seat thru the airport. :) I'm sure people do it, just not me!!

I agree. I can't think of many instances where an Advocate would be better than a Boulevard -- someone had mentioned that maybe in an older car without good side airbags there might be a slight advantage to the Advocate, but even then it seems the advantage may be negligible. Either way, I wouldn't want to travel with a Clicktight. Even the Britax rep I spoke with didn't recommend it for travel. It's super heavy and doesn't have any of the travel-friendly traits (folding, or the ability to attach carry straps) that make some other heavy seats possible travel companions despite their heft.

Do travel with a carseat, of course. Like everyone else suggested, you can pick up a Scenera for the money you'd save in getting a Boulevard over an Advocate. Or, if you really don't want a separate seat for travel (I'd understand! ;) ) then you could consider the regular Boulevard, which is considerably lighter than the Clicktight and also a very nice seat. But it doesn't RF as long as the Clicktight and also expires sooner.

Also, while the Advocate should fit on an aircraft seat, it will be tough to carry on to the aircraft as it is wider than most aircraft aisles, so you'd have to lift it pretty high, and if it's installed FF you won't have much shoulder room if you're sitting next to it.

U

Unregistered

Hi, I am considering purchasing a click-tight boulevard and am just curious as to how you can close the "click-tight" base with the seat belt buckle under it as the aircraft buckles usually sit in the middle of your lap and not down to the side as in a vehicle. Is it possible that the base wont close if the buckle is under it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC