Special use seat following surgery

U

Unregistered

Hi, I am asking for a friend who's daughter is shortly going to be undergoing surgery. She will be in a cast/split similar to this for many weeks following the surgery.
The issue with the arm up position I see is the large sides/or deep sides of most seats. As well as getting that arm/very sore side into the strap. The Radian comes to mind as shallow but does it have easily loosened/tightened straps? She is 4 years old and over the limits for a booster but I know that a 5 pt would be safest though I am not sure if that will be workable with her arm in that position. Also the strap applying pressure to that shoulder could be an issue as far as pain in concerned, a belt positioning booster could work with belt threaded on the other side. Any advise on seats, or boosters that may be flatter/shallower across the back with easily adjustable straps or other things to do to help her through this? Thank you.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I'm going to move this to our Child Restraints for Special Needs and Disabilities forum. It should be a little more visible there.

kathysr98

I'm not a tech, but a friend's daughter recently had brachial plexus surgery, and was splinted in a 'Statue of Liberty' position. She had great luck using a Safeguard GO. It has no sides and the two sides of the harness are independently tightened, so it can accommodate the bulk of a splint or cast without leaving excess slack on the other side.

The Safeguard GO is now called the IMMI GO. It was off the market for a short time, but is available here: http://www.immigoseat.com/product/immi-go/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC