News Get your rear-facing tetherable Britax ClickTight while they last!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Need a Britax ClickTight and want to use the tether rear-facing? Buy one today! http://amzn.to/1AffB2U

New production of ClickTight models that prohibit rear-facing tether use will begin appearing in stores this month. Models made on or before January 27th, 2015 (approximately) will still allow rear-facing use of the versa-tether, as the change is NOT retroactive. For new models, Britax will instead have an optional anti-rebound bar in their store soon.

ADS

sacwest

Thank you for this. Just got an Advocate ClickTight. Wondering if you know whether the soon to come ARB can be used on seats produced before 1/27/15? Are there any benefits to using the versa tether instead of the Anti-Rebound bar?

seb3244

Thank you for this. Just got an Advocate ClickTight. Wondering if you know whether the soon to come ARB can be used on seats produced before 1/27/15? Are there any benefits to using the versa tether instead of the Anti-Rebound bar?

Yes this. I am wondering the same thing.

Also does anyone know how long the britax seats will be 25% off?
Thanks

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Yes, all ClickTight convertibles will be compatible with the upcoming ClickTight ARB accessory, regardless of manufacturing date.

The ARB for non-clicktight convertibles is already available. It is compatible with most convertible models made after June, 2010, with the exception of "Classic" and "ClickTight" models.

I am not aware of any safety benefits of RF tether or ARB over the other. There was some testing done long ago showing a possible benefit for ARB for infants, due to neck loads, but I don't know if this was ever observed for older kids or in real world situation. It was not a published study that I know, just some crash testing that had been done independently, so take that with a grain of salt.

http://amzn.to/1AffB2U

bnsnyde

Hmmm...I decided to keep our Advocate.

I think I like RF tether. Child is 21-months and honestly, the whole seat seems so ridiculously secure. She is in the middle of the middle seat of the Odyssey. Like in a little bubble!

I wonder if a rebound car would impact leg room at all? Or make seat closer towards driver? We don't have a milimeter to spare there!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Having installed many, many seats with both a rfing tether and a rebound bar (we need an acronym for this if it's going to be the going thing. RBB- rebound bar, looks stupid. RBM- rebound management, looks better, but is too broad a term. )

I much prefer a bar to a tether. Just less to fiddle with.

tiggercat

Having installed many, many seats with both a rfing tether and a rebound bar (we need an acronym for this if it's going to be the going thing. RBB- rebound bar, looks stupid. RBM- rebound management, looks better, but is too broad a term. )

I much prefer a bar to a tether. Just less to fiddle with.

ARB - anti rebound bar ? That's what we've been calling it up here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC