boulevard or regent or wait for signo?

MandJsMama

I have a pre-order for the Signo but I am getting tired of the wait and the delays. I don't believe they will be shipping in mid-november, any more than they shipped in August, Sept. or Oct.

My 27 mo old is currently in a roundabout but it is getting close to the expire date. She is 28 lbs. and about 36". I wanted the signo since it would last her so long. But, like i've said, I've given up.

So, should I get her the boulevard, which goes to 65 lbs. and assume she will move into her brother's Regent when he is done with it? I am more concerned about her outgrowing the height than the weight. Can someone give me some info. on that?

OR, should I get her a Regent and be set for the duration of her car-seat days? She is over the minimum requirements, but dang she'd seem so small in that seat, but maybe that's just compared with her brother. How is the availability on these?

OR, should I wait for the Signo?

ADS

Yoshi

I'm thinking that you probably shouldn't put her in a Regent because it can only forward-face and many here will tell you that she is WAY too young and lightweight to do so yet. In a BV or Signo, she could still RF (Signo to 35 lbs and BV to 33 lbs) and that would make her much, much safer for the long haul. If you can get a good deal on a BV, that is an excellent choice, but perhaps you could just wait for the Signo also, since it will probably come out "soon"- how soon does the Roundabout expire? What is her torso height? BV's usually last kids until at least age 3.5, 4, some 5 yrs old depending on their seated torso height. My DD would still be at the top slots of a Marathon at 41" tall (15" torso)

MandJsMama

Re: boulevard or regent or wait for signo? (or Radian 80

what about the Radian 80? I like the adjustable harness on the BLVD but it looks like the radian 80 will give me a little more harness height with the same side impact protection. Yes?

Yoshi

Re: boulevard or regent or wait for signo? (or Radian 80

what about the Radian 80? I like the adjustable harness on the BLVD but it looks like the radian 80 will give me a little more harness height with the same side impact protection. Yes?
We have a Radian (65- same harness height as the 80) and although it is a great seat with about an inch or two more than the BV (depending on who you ask) , it has some installation problems in *some* vehicles- there is a thread on this board called "successful radian installation thread" so you could check there. But as far as the SIP, no the Radian does not have TSIP(true side impact protection) as the BV has, it has EPS foam in the sides (next to the head) but the shell is not as deep as the headwings of the BV. The BV is definitely more a SIP kind of seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC