Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No more great Kohls carseat deals

Read this somewhere else and at first I didn't believe it but it seems Kohls has excluded car seats and most baby gear from their percent off codes. I just purchased a couple of seats in mid January and I know others here were able to get some great deals with the most recent sales as well. I just wanted to post for anyone who likes to keep track of the major baby sales for the opportunity to update their seats at the best possible prices.
    DD 12/08 FF in FR90, FR85 and booster training in a Graco Affix (44.25", 44 lbs @ 6 years)
    DS 3/13 RF in a Blvd and Evenflo Sureride (35.75", 25 lbs @ 2 years)

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Wow! That's sad because you can get a good deal and they are so expensive otherwise!
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

Re: No more great Kohls carseat deals

I too was super bummed to learn this! I just upgraded my kids to boulevard click tights and was going to order four more for grandparents cars! ugh.

That really stinks, I was hoping to get a Parkway there next time they had a 30 off while earning Kohl's cash.

It looks like they've lowered their car seats to normally prices now that they've removed being able to use discounts. Parkway SGL is $119.99 right now, same price as Target. So if you factor in Kohl's cash, it's not a bad deal.

Carseat Crazy

I have tried every code I could find and none would work on a Combi Coccoro. If my MIL has a Kohl's charge, I am going to see if her exclusive code will work.
    DS1 (2004) - out of carseats! ~ DS2 (2005) - Safety First Incognito
    DD1 (2008) - Harmony Youth Booster ~ DS3 (2010) - Evenflo Big Kid Highback Booster
    DD2 (2014) - Britax Boulevard G4.1
    All in a 2013 Toyota Sienna LE 8-passenger

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by LC2003 View Post
    I have tried every code I could find and none would work on a Combi Coccoro. If my MIL has a Kohl's charge, I am going to see if her exclusive code will work.
    I have a Kohl's charge and none of my codes work on car seats or strollers anymore.

10. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by LC2003 View Post
    They put a lot more restrictions on their card a month or so ago. You also can't use it on Nike products anymore.

Carseat Crazy

I ended up ordering my grape Coccoro from Diapers.com with their coupon code for 25% off for a total of $190 shipped.
    DS1 (2004) - out of carseats! ~ DS2 (2005) - Safety First Incognito
    DD1 (2008) - Harmony Youth Booster ~ DS3 (2010) - Evenflo Big Kid Highback Booster
    DD2 (2014) - Britax Boulevard G4.1
    All in a 2013 Toyota Sienna LE 8-passenger

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sm1982 View Post
    They put a lot more restrictions on their card a month or so ago. You also can't use it on Nike products anymore.
    Woah. I wonder if they're not doing well. I've noticed they seem a bit "run down" when I've stopped in recently.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Woah. I wonder if they're not doing well. I've noticed they seem a bit "run down" when I've stopped in recently.
    They reported a 17% increase in 4th quarter earnings, so I think their new coupon policy is just more in line with competitors' policies.

It actually occurred to me yesterday that I could order the Radian I want to try from Kohl's, since they have such a good return policy. I also got a 30% off coupon in the mail this month. So I was pretty bummed when I couldn't use the coupon.

I called this morning to talk to customer service and the woman I spoke with was very apologetic and said they were logging customer feedback and complaints about the new policies. She told me they aren't allowed to use their employee discounts on these items anymore either, so she understood my frustration. And no more price matching on excluded items, either!

Anyway, if you are so inclined, you could call Kohl's and let them know you are disappointed with the new restrictions. Maybe if enough people complain, they will relax some of the exclusions?

Their Radian prices are still $30+ higher than Amazon, Diapers.com, etc. Oh well.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mamacat View Post
    And no more price matching on excluded items, either!
    Whaaaaaat? Ugh!