Cleaning cover of FR90

kidnurse

I can't find my manual for my sons FR90, can I put the cover in the dryer or is it air dry only?

TIA

ADS

Snow mom

I never dry covers--too much risk of them disintegrating. I'd air dry it or if I I was feeling really wild and crazy I'd put it in the drier on extra low/air only.

kidnurse

I have it air drying now but it came out wetter than I was hoping so it will take a while. Can I use the seat naked meanwhile?

Unfortunately my 2 back up boosters are in another state :(

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Did you hand wash or machine wash it? I'd probably throw it in on a spin only cycle in the washing machine just to get out some extra water.

Dillipop

I have it air drying now but it came out wetter than I was hoping so it will take a while. Can I use the seat naked meanwhile? Unfortunately my 2 back up boosters are in another state :(

I wouldn't, unless it's an emergency.

Once, ds had a blowout in his marathon 1/2 hour to my grandmothers house after a 7 hour drive. We cleaned it up as well as possible and stripped the seat when we got there and threw the cover in the wash. After it was already washing, we found out that the only way we were going to be able to have dinner is if we went out for dinner with my grandparents. They had nothing in the house to make, so we went a mile away with them to a diner and it wasn't walkable. At the time, it was the only way to get my toddler and myself fed after a long day and he ride in his seat without the cover. I would never to it again unless it was an emergency, since the seats are tested with the covers.

kidnurse

Unfortunately a laundromat is all I have access to and those machines can't be set to spin only. We may just bite it and use the seat damp.

MUTigers

I have dried our radian covers once or twice when I was really in a pinch. I used medium heat and the shortest cycle I could to get it dry.

If there's any chance it's sunny where you are I would put it outside to speed up the process. If not, machine drying it once probably won't kill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckmama

I think in your case using it wet and then taking it apart to let the whole thing dry is your best bet. I've had to do this with both my FR90 and my Boulevard as I don't have back up seats. Roll it in a towel to absorb some moisture and as long as you can air dry it all tonight the rest should dry. My cover dried in less time than overnight when hung to dry inside (our weather is bad, I'm sure it would be faster outside, but I always do it inside.)

Baylor

I always wash them on gentle and then put in the dryer on low for a few mins alone to pull out most water and then take them out and let them dry over a kitchen chair.

kidnurse

I'll pull it back off after our last ride of the day to be sure it dries all the way. I was disappointed though that it did not really come clean. We have the black and red cover and even though DS outgrew his radian RF at 3 1/2 and has been FF for almost 3 yrs now he still prefers to ride with his feet up on the seat instead of letting then dangle. Makes for a pretty dirty seat cover.

Snow mom

I've found that it helps to pretreat/preclean the really dirty spots. I know that my old marathon cover had that issue of not coming clean. I scrub it in the bathtub and then run it through the washer. With the marathon I figured part of the issue was the cover folding in an itself but it couldn't hurt to try scrubbing out the dirty spots before you next wash it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC