Graco 4ever All in One or Graco Smart Seat AIO?

Shilohsmom

I've narrowed it down to these 2 seats for our new baby to use from birth. Any thoughts or ideas on which one is better for a newborn? My babies range in size from 7-10# at birth. Our infant carrier is expired and this is our last baby, so I don't want to buy another one.

I'm driving a 2012 Honda Pilot.

ADS

nataliem257

I have no personal experience with either, but it's pretty universally thought here that the smart seat is a heavy over priced PITA that makes a crappy booster. The 4ever is very very well liked, and truly functions as promised at all stages (RF convertible, FF, and booster). I don't recall reading anything about how well it fits newborns though, a tech will chime in about that.

Brianna

You might consider the Size4Me/MySize/Contender clones. You won't need a booster for 5-6 years and typically dedicated boosters provide a better fit than all in one seats. They can be found relatively inexpensive and by then you might be ready for a new cover- sometimes seats that old can get dingy just from normal use anyways.

nannykates

Of those 2 the 4ever hands down is the better seat, it's easier to use and install and lasts longer in every mode. It does fit newborns well (maybe not the teeniest but the average size newborn you are expecting should fit well).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Graco Milestone is quite similar to the 4Ever and a lot less expensive. Doesn't become a backless booster or have quite the ease of recline, but saves you so much money you can get another good booster later, as it's really nice to have several boosters once we hit kindergarten and start riding places with friends :)
The Smartseat could maybe be called Jumbo McGiant, it's so huge and a pain to deal with :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC