Peg Perego rf limits

cookie123

Does anyone have this info on hand without looking it up? Do they have the 1 inch rule? I can get the manual myself from the (Cold) car.:) And it isn't urgent. It will be awhile before it's needed again most likely.

I think Griffin is close to outgrowing the rear facing limit. I had him in there today for the first time in a very long time. We've only used it about 3 or 4 times. His head was very close to, possibly at, the top and the headrest is in the top rear facing position. I don't know if he'll be able to use it rf again. He will just be turning 2 on March 13.

I'm bummed. I really like this seat.

ADS

cookie123

I thought to check the measurements page. It says 1 inch of headrest above head on there. I'm pretty sure we're about there. Crap. I'll make sure first, but…

What's my next step? I don't want a Radian (too low) or a Britax (too little leg room, short crotch strap) or a Graco clone (hate the high sides).

Hazelandlucy

The Foonf/Fllo has good legroom and good shell height. My 3 yr old has just about outgrown the Britax G4 (which kids seem to outgrow before the Peg) and has lots of room in the Foonf and Fllo.

The Chicco Nextfit also has a tall shell and good legroom.

Also, if you didn't mind going by the 1" rule vs the 40" standing limit, the Pria and Safety 1st Advance 65 Air would last a long time.

bnsnyde

Aw, I'm, bummed.
I was looking into the Peg too. It said 45 RF limit and I assumed the height would be decent. It'd be for a 2 YO, somewhat tall. But it sounds like the seat would be too short, too soon.

I do have a Radian I can use. I'm just not thrilled. Actually, I like how it's low because the child will be able to get in/out easily and won't block my view. So maybe I should be happy. Plus it'll last a loooooong time RF.

cookie123

Aw, I'm, bummed. I was looking into the Peg too. It said 45 RF limit and I assumed the height would be decent. It'd be for a 2 YO, somewhat tall. But it sounds like the seat would be too short, too soon. I do have a Radian I can use. I'm just not thrilled. Actually, I like how it's low because the child will be able to get in/out easily and won't block my view. So maybe I should be happy. Plus it'll last a loooooong time RF.

I like that about the Radian, too. What I don't like is that he can't see out. Maybe I'll try the Fllo. I wish I had measured him. I did weigh him and he was only 29 lbs. I thought he felt like 50 lbs which is why I weighed him! He is more torso than legs. I also wish I had taken a photo but he was not happy and I was anxious to get going! I think he will be over more now, schedules have changed, so maybe soon.

bnsnyde

She can't see out anyway. :) The Orbit toddler is nice and deep, and the Radian would be in the middle row, middle seat of van. No view at all!

I don't mind if she can't see out and she doesn't care either, but I don't want her to lean her head forward if a sibling is bugging her or something. I like the head far back and in the wings part, ideally. Not that the world is ideal when it comes to lugging kids around!

cookie123

She can't see out anyway. :) The Orbit toddler is nice and deep, and the Radian would be in the middle row, middle seat of van. No view at all!

I don't mind if she can't see out and she doesn't care either, but I don't want her to lean her head forward if a sibling is bugging her or something. I like the head far back and in the wings part, ideally. Not that the world is ideal when it comes to lugging kids around!

So far, none of them has really been compliant about keeping their heads in the headwings - or just in the seat - if no headwings. Always leaning forward, rf or ff.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's 1" from top of headrest at 7th click. Original seats don't have an indicator for that height (you will see 6 square holes at back of seat when you are at 7th click). Newer seats have an indicator at back of headrest so you don't have to count.

My child is 3y1m and slightly over 50th percentile in height (WHO charts) and I think she just moved to the 5th click. Lots of room to grow for her. Depends on the kid.

cookie123

THere's a line on mine. And it doesn't extend any further. I'll go take a look at it to see if it's on the 7th click.

Okay, I got in in, set it on the bed and guess what? It pulled up quite a bit further. There's a red line saying max for rear facing on the head rest. When there's 5 empty holes the line is even with or slightly below the top of the shell. WHen there's 6 empty holes the line is about an inch above - I'm guessing, so it's maybe not quite right. Now I'm not sure which it was at when Griffin was in the seat. I about killed my poor hands trying to get the manual out of that manual holder. Good grief. I'm going to read it and see what they say about that.

Do you have the line on the headrest?

Last edited:

cookie123

Well, not that I doubted you Techno, it does say 8, 9 and 10 are for ff, the others for rf. So that would be the one with the line above. Now the only problem is I could see the line then it was in the car, but didn't think to look what position it was in. So, I don't know if it was 6 or 7. I'm hoping it was in 6! I didn't see anything about the line in the rear facing section of the manual or in the Securing your child in the seat section.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got seats with and without the headrest line. I'll put my one with the line to the line after work and count the holes in the back. I'll report back.

cookie123

Okay, here's a few photos.
0576fbf9cdc7f621c15b9302c19b95f2.jpg
. I feel like I only have 9 holes?

25ddd9297386d36caa5ae2a191234389.jpg
. This is with it in the 7 th hole

dca67efafd0a819de636d66d2274cc6d.jpg
. Where the line is.

b24ab2f892b2044e946ecb127cdc65dd.jpg
. The 6 th hole.

f208a552976424fe2a87c5aeda76782b.jpg
. Where the line is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yes, that's correct. 9 visible holes means it's in 10th position. And as I said earlier, 6 visible holes is in 7th position. Yours looks like it should.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Here is my pic of my seat that does NOT have the sticker/line on the headrest.

IMG_1341.jpg

See, 6 visible holes as it sits at top of 6th hole. And this is on the 7th click.

So your line is accurate and your second set of pics is what you should see.

cookie123

Then does that mean what I pictured as the 7th hole is really the 8th? I thought it was in the 7th because the silver thingy is in the 7th hole.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Then does that mean what I pictured as the 7th hole is really the 8th? I thought it was in the 7th because the silver thingy is in the 7th hole.

The 7th hole is the 8th headrest position. And when you have it all the way down to the bottommost position, you will not see any visible holes. You see one less hole than the headrest position you are on. This is why they added the line as it was difficult for people to easily figure out.

cookie123

Here is my pic of my seat that does NOT have the sticker/line on the headrest.

IMG_1341.jpg

See, 6 visible holes as it sits at top of 6th hole. And this is on the 7th click.

So your line is accurate and your second set of pics is what you should see.

Thanks. I'm clear now. I will stick him in there the first chance I get. I'm not encouraged. He's not super high percentage wise for height iirc. He wasn't like 99% at his last check up, more like 70% I want to say. But that's been a while, too. Probably 18 month and now he's 22.5 months! He is more torso though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC