Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Expecting Triplets with a Camry....

I posted over at PP but got nothing. I like this place better, it loads quicker.

My SIL is expecting triplets in July. I'm interested in finding out what infant seat would likely fit in a group of three in the back seat. 5pt is a must. Also we'd like to stick to one model or multiple but using the exact same base so there's no confussion on which seat goes where.

TIA Starleigh

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician
    Your best bet might be to go to a Babies R Us and try out different seats until you find a combination that works.

Rosemary Floyd
    I'm thinking that three carseats in the back of a Camry aren't going to fit (the bases are generally very wide). We are experiencing the same problem withour Outback! We have decided the only solution (for us) is a minivan. Just something for your SIL to consider, and good luck to her!

Carseat Crazy
    We have a 2001 Outback wagon, and have had no trouble getting three car seats back there. I have a whole list of combos that fit back there. I will try to find the link where I have listed the combos that fit.

Carseat Crazy
    Here are the combos I have tried:
    Fisher Price Safe Embrace (widest seat ever made-I swear Forward facing outboard, Wizard foward facing outboard, Century Next step used with harness in the center.

FPSE rear-facing outboard, Century Next step with harness outboard, backless turbo in the center.

FPSE ffing outboard, Century Next step with harness outboard, backless turbo in the center.

Wizard ffing outboard, next step center, RFing FPSE outboard

Wizard ffing outboard, next step center, RFing Britax Roundabout outboard

Wizard ffing outboard, next step center, FFing Britax Roundabout outboard

FPSE FFing outboard, Century Next Step with harness center, FPSE rear-facing outboard.

RFing RA outboard, Next Step center with harness, RFing FPSE outboard

FFing RA outboard, Century Next step center, graco snugride without a base ourboard.

FFing FPSE outboard, Century Next Step Center, graco snugride without base outboard.

Starleigh
    Yeah, they intend to get a mini van, but they are waiting for the outcome of the pregnancy, and also my brother will be overseas in the military till next january, so getting a minivan wont' be an option for a while. When I go down for easter I'll take the car out and see if I can get some seats tested in it. I'll have a snugride with me for my baby, I'm hoping that will work. I have no doubt, really, that it can be done. My friend has a taurus and we've put three seats in the back of her car countless times. Even three ff, with an OS in the middle, and I was able to get a tight fit on all three, and close the doors. lol.