'08 Odyssey and Baby #5

stephcali

Just found out baby #5 is on the way and I'm already starting to stress about fitting everyone in the car, lol! I just updated my siggy with the current stats of my kids. Ideally I would like to have the 3 girls in the back, but obviously the Frontier is out of the question to fit back there. We also have a Radian XTSL, a roundabout 50, and some kind of Evenflo LBB that is narrower than the TB. My 8 year old may actually 5 step before September since she is so tall, I haven't checked her at all yet. I would be OK putting DD3 in a booster since she will be almost 5.5 and has ridden on short booster trips already. DD2 can go in a LBB as well. The infant seat we have is a Britax Chaperone, so definitely will need to go in the 2nd row.

One potential solution I thought of, if DD1 5-steps before then, is putting DD1 in seatbelt and DD2 in a LBB, and baby in the 2nd row so we can still have access to the 3rd row, and then DD3 and DS in the back. I'm not sure if DS will be able to buckle on his own by then though and since I'll be having c-section #5 it will be quite difficult to reach back there to buckle him.

I'm not against buying any new seats (although I would like to keep the infant seat since it is Cow :love:) I'm quite certain DD3 will not sit in the XTSL because it is grey :rolleyes: So if that one works best I'll probably have to buy a new Radian in purple. DS wouldn't care about the grey seat though.

So any thoughts or experience with 5 in an Odyssey?

ADS

bnsnyde

LOL, I am struggling with where to put #6 in an Odyssey.
We have the 2011 though so it's a little different. Any 3 seats will fit in the second row. (It's an 8 seater).

Right now we have 5 kids and the oldest (8, and nowhere close to 5-stepping though somewhat tall) is in a Recaro booster outboard passenger side, middle seat is 7-year-old in a Kiddyworld Booster, and behind driver is 20-month-old in Orbit toddler (before that was in a Britax Chaperone or various infant seats).

In back is 3 YO in FF Radian outboard, and also outboard 5 YO in Recaro Prosport harness. 5 YO rides in the middle seat booster when it's available and he sits perfectly, and fits perfectly. He is super tall and dad is 6'4"!
I hate to use the third row if I don't have to, as the kids have to climb over the seatback, and it's also hard for me to help buckle due to my pregnant belly.
Currently we have a Radian middle 3rd row RF. It could fit the new baby but I am going to change the setup as I prefer to use an infant seat for baby, second row. I also bought a Cocorro to put back there as needed, for new baby.

What complicates matters is 3 YO is in the Radian FF but honestly is looking like he's outgrowing it as the harness also slips down due to the headrest. I know it can be used up to the height limit...but, I know he'd fit better in another seat. It's just, at the moment, I totally don't have another option for him!

But, I also plan to perhaps install the infant seat daily after older kids leave for school, so I can use 2nd row. And I have an Evenflo Sureride I MIGHT also install daily for the 2 YO (2nd row) instead of shoving her into the third row, when older kids are at school.

The whole set-up is a little scary to think about and I won't stop wanting that 12-passenger Nissan ever. :)

stephcali

LOL, I am struggling with where to put #6 in an Odyssey.
We have the 2011 though so it's a little different. Any 3 seats will fit in the second row. (It's an 8 seater).

Right now we have 5 kids and the oldest (8, and nowhere close to 5-stepping though somewhat tall) is in a Recaro booster outboard passenger side, middle seat is 7-year-old in a Kiddyworld Booster, and behind driver is 20-month-old in Orbit toddler (before that was in a Britax Chaperone or various infant seats).

In back is 3 YO in FF Radian outboard, and also outboard 5 YO in Recaro Prosport harness. 5 YO rides in the middle seat booster when it's available and he sits perfectly, and fits perfectly. He is super tall and dad is 6'4"!
I hate to use the third row if I don't have to, as the kids have to climb over the seatback, and it's also hard for me to help buckle due to my pregnant belly.
Currently we have a Radian middle 3rd row RF. It could fit the new baby but I am going to change the setup as I prefer to use an infant seat for baby, second row. I also bought a Cocorro to put back there as needed, for new baby.

What complicates matters is 3 YO is in the Radian FF but honestly is looking like he's outgrowing it as the harness also slips down due to the headrest. I know it can be used up to the height limit...but, I know he'd fit better in another seat. It's just, at the moment, I totally don't have another option for him!

But, I also plan to perhaps install the infant seat daily after older kids leave for school, so I can use 2nd row. And I have an Evenflo Sureride I MIGHT also install daily for the 2 YO (2nd row) instead of shoving her into the third row, when older kids are at school.

The whole set-up is a little scary to think about and I won't stop wanting that 12-passenger Nissan ever. :)

Thanks for your input! And congrats on baby #6! Does your 3YO buckle himself in the Radian? Can your 2nd row seat move foward with the 2 boosters there? I would prefer to leave my 8 YO in a booster, and if I can fit 2 boosters and the infant seat in the 2nd row that would be ideal, especially if I could move the seat to get to the back. I'll have to have the baby behind the driver for school drop off purposes, but that shouldn't be a problem.

bnsnyde

My whole set-up is based on school drop-off. I have to have 3 of them exit the van quickly.

The 3 YO can buckle himself, but he's really slow at it and often needs help. Meanwhile, I am standing by the hatch freezing!

The second row seats would move but not with our current set-up. I might have to move at least one child to a backless that I can easily toss out of the way.

Nimommyof2

I have a 2010 and can fit a Graco nautilas plus either a graco my ride with a radian(either both RF or both FF) or two radians this(I'm not sure I've had them all FF though pretty sure the middle radian was RF than passenger side was FF). I think a nautilas is close to width of the frontier, and the roundabout may over lap the radian like the graco myride does.

stephcali

I have a 2010 and can fit a Graco nautilas plus either a graco my ride with a radian(either both RF or both FF) or two radians this(I'm not sure I've had them all FF though pretty sure the middle radian was RF than passenger side was FF). I think a nautilas is close to width of the frontier, and the roundabout may over lap the radian like the graco myride does.

Is that in the 3rd row? That wild be helpful if I could fit 3 seats like that back there. Only the baby will be RF though, so I may end up needing another Radian regardless.

Nimommyof2

yes that is the third row, sorry. The nautilas seems to work best always on the driver's side its a bit wider, so I would try the frontier in that position

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC