CARES harness question

AllieK

She's too big to wear.

Have you tried an Ergo or Boba using a back carry? I am able to comfortably carry my HUGE 3 year old (probably about 42lbs and 43") using the Boba. You could get one on loan from your local babywearing/API chapter.

ADS

Angie

Have you tried an Ergo or Boba using a back carry? I am able to comfortably carry my HUGE 3 year old (probably about 42lbs and 43") using the Boba. You could get one on loan from your local babywearing/API chapter.

I have a Boba. I'm not sure she'll tolerate being in it. Maybe I'll try it out around the house and see how that goes.

I was going to sell it soon. Maybe I should give it a whirl before I do. I've never used it to back carry, though. Is that a tough age to use it front carrying? My carry on is a backpack... :)

AllieK

The way I get my 3yr old to get in the Boba when he's resisting is to offer him a "horsey ride" and I gallop around a few times after I get him in there. You can repeat if LO gets fussy. :)

I would just wear the backpack on the front of your body. Or if you have a cross body bag that would be ideal.

With my son's size I don't like doing a front carry because he's in the way! I can barely see around him. Plus he likes being able to see too, and with the back carry he can look around more freely.

I think you will love using the Boba in the airport. It's a breeze going through security - I've never even had to take LO out of the Boba, I just walk through while wearing him. The sights and sounds of the airport will hold LO's attention and keep her from getting too antsy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC