Enough room to buckle a booster 3rd row 2011 Odyssey?

bnsnyde

Anyone know?

Can you buckle a booster with 2 Radians in the 3rd row of an Odyssey 2011 or higher? I truly thought that any seat there (next to the two Radians) pretty much has to be harnessed since just to install the harnessed seat I almost lost a hand, twisting it and willing it to go in far enough for me to buckle. I've done this with with two different seats of varying sizes. Done. Now the kid just has to do the harness.

But if we do stick a booster back there outboard (any booster is fine, backless or not, whatever fits)...the child (will be in 4th grade) will need enough room for his hand to buckle it.

Back there it's CRAZY narrow.
I would play around with it but I can barely move due to back pain and third trimester.

ADS

lgenne

Do you care if the booster is center or outboard? Will the Radians be RF or FF?

I'd guess that a narrow backless would work next to a RF Radian. And worst case, an RSTV would certainly work.

bnsnyde

Booster would need to be outboard 3rd row, passenger side.
It would be next to the RF Radian (fun trying to avoid unbuckling that by accident!). :)

And I just realized, the plus one seat has a Kiddyworld HB booster with huge, wide wings, so the outboard seat cannot even bend down. I'd need to replace that Kiddyworld one with any booster that fits in that seat too, probably backless. It's a bit of a tricky seat for boosters.
It must latch. Wonder if a Clek backless would work there. Many boosters are too wide.

lgenne

Add a half twist to the female part of the buckle when you install the Radian in the center of the 3rd row to avoid accidental unbuckling.

Brycen'sMommy

I just had to do this in our 2011 Odyssey after the additions of babies 5 & 6. The Incognito works great. We have an Incognito passenger side, FF Radian in the center & RF Diono Olympia on the driver side.

I have played around with 3 across a lot in the third row trying to find the best combo that works for us & there are quite a few combinations that work that I didn't think we're possible including boosters. I have found that a Radian & a seat that sits up on a narrow base like a Britax convertible work much better than two radians and give more space for buckling boosters. Our favorite boosters for the third row are the Britax Parkway, Harmony Dreamtime & Graco Turbo with safety surround.

bnsnyde

Well, the Incognito seems to have a high minimum weight that my skinny girl will never reach! I mean, not until she's like 10!

It'd work for the current 8 YO boy. I bought one to have for him.
I was hoping to get another, but, one for now. I would have liked two side by side option to try the fit. Oh well.

melniemi

In the third row I fit a performance booster passenger side with an incognito center and a lite rider driver side. Vivo fit drivers side too but have less shoulder room for center kid.

image-496812105.jpg

Any seat should fit where the performance booster is. It's wide.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC