need some help with booster (lots of pics)

wnkw

Need to reattach smaller pics, but I need help with boosters..None of these look good to me. I have some pics in fr85 as booster, but need to delete some pics before I add those. I can pm them thru Facebook if anyone can help!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150127_131506.png
    ForumRunner_20150127_131506.png
    613.1 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20150127_131524.png
    ForumRunner_20150127_131524.png
    512.2 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20150127_131542.png
    ForumRunner_20150127_131542.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 60
  • ForumRunner_20150127_131610.png
    ForumRunner_20150127_131610.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20150127_131620.png
    ForumRunner_20150127_131620.png
    539.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd probably bump the headrest on the Turbo up one.

Your model is very patient. Tell her we appreciate her sitting so well for all of those pictures. :)

Wendy

wnkw

We're driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The manual says to have seat back and reclined for carseats. Idk if that applies to boosters, but pushed back the seatbelt is coming from too far forward (to me).

aeormsby

What vehicle is that (I'm guessing Acadia/Traverse? - looks exactly like my Outlook).

I don't like the way the belt is through the guide with the back on, did you try reclining/moving the seat forward/back with the back on the booster?

For using it as a NBB I'd slip the belt through the built in belt guide, it's the little plastic guide on the elastic that attached to the wall just below the seatbelt. That helps a lot when using NBB (I don't remember if my 9yo is still using it or not).

When I used our FR80 it was way too wide in that spot (oddly it worked better in the 3rd row, driver's side). I've removed my headrests for when we use boosters (not hard to do, just push down the fabric to access the metal clip that's holding them on). The Parkway was OK (newer ones would probably work better) and the Performance Booster is great, although it's wide and often needs to be scooted over so it can be buckled easier.

aeormsby

We're driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The manual says to have seat back and reclined for carseats. Idk if that applies to boosters, but pushed back the seatbelt is coming from too far forward (to me).

The note to recline the seats is to make accessing the latch bars easier, I believe it's more of a suggestion than requirement. And not referring to boosters as far as I can tell.

wnkw

What vehicle is that (I'm guessing Acadia/Traverse? - looks exactly like my Outlook).

I don't like the way the belt is through the guide with the back on, did you try reclining/moving the seat forward/back with the back on the booster?

For using it as a NBB I'd slip the belt through the built in belt guide, it's the little plastic guide on the elastic that attached to the wall just below the seatbelt. That helps a lot when using NBB (I don't remember if my 9yo is still using it or not).

When I used our FR80 it was way too wide in that spot (oddly it worked better in the 3rd row, driver's side). I've removed my headrests for when we use boosters (not hard to do, just push down the fabric to access the metal clip that's holding them on). The Parkway was OK (newer ones would probably work better) and the Performance Booster is great, although it's wide and often needs to be scooted over so it can be buckled easier.

I was hoping you'd reply :) Idk why it didn't occur to me to look for a belt guide in the vehicle. I remember seeing one somewhere now that you say that. The fr85 is HUGE. That's why I tried to TB in it. We're headed to Disney this weekend and I'm just not comfortable with the booster. I have fr85 pics, but can't add them....

wnkw

and I did try moving the seat up. At least one of those the seat is slid up towards the drivers seat.

wnkw

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Noel_Watkins/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Frontier looks great. I'd LATCH it in in booster mode.

The Turbo backless with the guide looks good now. That may change very soon, though.

What about using the Turbo's guide?

And how does it look with the Turbo's headrest up a click from where it was in these pictures?

Wendy

wnkw

The Frontier looks great. I'd LATCH it in in booster mode.

The Turbo backless with the guide looks good now. That may change very soon, though.

What about using the Turbo's guide?

And how does it look with the Turbo's headrest up a click from where it was in these pictures?

Wendy

I think we might use the fr at least for the trip then reevaluate..

I couldn't get the turbo any higher..maybe I'm missing something..

wnkw

Need to reattach smaller pics, but I need help with boosters..None of these look good to me. I have some pics in fr85 as booster, but need to delete some pics before I add those. I can pm them thru Facebook if anyone can help!

Accidentally deleted one of the TB pics..

Attachments

• tb1.jpg
    tb1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 39

aeormsby

The Frontier looks good, the only annoying thing is how wide it is (which surprised me because the Performance Booster is super wide also, but works better than the Frontier).

I agree with latching the Frontier, just don't tighten it down all the way so that you can scoot it as needed to get to the buckle. The latch is only holding the seat in place when it's not in use so it doesn't need to be installed tight like a harnessed seat.

wnkw

It is a PAIN to buckle.. especially as heavy as dd is. Thanks fully we don't go out often so well make it work.I was going to move Reese to them at some point, so idk what we'll do then..

I just got a harmony backless to use in fil's enclave (took out fr) and she seems to fit much better. He has bucket seats so I guess that's the difference..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC