Question Do we need to say goodbye to our Mitsubishi Eclipse?

elainemeowz

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for nearly 10 years, and it's just not working out. We have decided to move on to adoption. We always said we wanted our children close together, so we're hoping to adopt two infants within a fairly short period of time (or twins maybe?). That said, we're now looking at our car with a "Uhhh, where are we going to put an infant car seat?", much less two seats!

Our car is a 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport. It's an amazing car and we absolutely love it, but the back seat it teeny tiny. It's also a bucket style backseat, so we cannot use the middle.

Are there any infant seats (we'll need 2) that will fit in our car without having the seats all the way forward? I'm 5'7 and hubby is 6'3 so scooting up isn't much of an option. I'm 95% sure there aren't any seats available, but I just wanted to double check before I start the terrible process of car shopping (again). :eek:

TIA!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
WElcome to car-seat.org!

I would say that we might be able to find you something, but I would bet you'd be ready for something else soon, because getting them in and out will be a pain. Do you have 2 vehicles between you? Would it be possible to keep the Eclipse for a "fun" car and get something else more practical?

elainemeowz

WElcome to car-seat.org!

I would say that we might be able to find you something, but I would bet you'd be ready for something else soon, because getting them in and out will be a pain. Do you have 2 vehicles between you? Would it be possible to keep the Eclipse for a "fun" car and get something else more practical?

Well actually I am totally blind, so having two cars just doesn't make sense for us. We'd love to hang on to the Eclipse if it's possible, but I've been searching and haven't come up with much in regards to infant seats. It'd be great if someone here had some ideas! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC