Cambria?

Dorothy

DH needs new seats for his pickup. He needs to bable to take them out/put them back in easily, so we are looking at boosters. BUT, I know that he will not ever remember to buckle unoccipied boosters. So, LATCHable boosters are pretty much a must. Also, the pickup is 10 years old and has no side airbags. Plus, DD, 7, has some as-yet-undiagnosed thing that makes it difficult for her to sit up straight and VERY sensitive to pressure points in her back some days. Between those two things, we need good padding and side support. DD has an 18" torso, so I don't know that the Affix w/ SS will get us very far. DS is turning 5 in a matter of days, and he has a 16 3/4" torso. He is right at 40 lbs.

I have read on comparison/review of the Cambria. The price is appealing, but I'm thinking it's going to bee too big for DS and not padded enough for DD. Suggestions? TIA

ADS

aeormsby

Are there headrests? I 'think' the Cambria requires vehicle head support.

Another to look at is the Recaro Performance Booster.

Dorothy

Yes, there are adjustable headrests.

DD has a Performance Booster in my vehicle. We LOVE it. I have seriously considered buying two more for DH's pickup! Then, we could move to an inexpensive backless whenever the high backs are outgrown.

tobypuppy

If you real like the performance boosters, then why not stick with two more of those? If it ain't broke, don't fix it lol.

Dorothy

True, but I was hoping not to spend quite as much on the much lesser-used vehicle. Although, Performance Boosters are only about $5 more than the Affix w SS right now. I just liked the price of the Cambria and the fact that it can be used backless.

ETA: Scratch that. YESTERDAY they were on sale on Amazon. Today, they're back up. :( What are the chances of seeing a great deal in the next 10 days?

Dorothy

Thanks for the Cambria info!

I liked the Kidfit, but I don't think there's enough height or side support for DD. It is cushy, though!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe the Safety 1st Boost Air? Good price, super tall (with vehicle headrests required), super light, super cushy, flip up armrests for easy buckling, overall a great second seat (or first, the kid I gave ours to loved it, slept totally upright, huge poufy side impact headwings).

Dorothy

I actually had it on my list of boosters to try (after reading through some posts), but DH just cannot remember to buckle unused boosters. I remind the kids over and over, but... It's really cramping my secondary booster style! ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heh, yeah, I never buckled mine, it's like 2 pounds of yogurt cup and self inflating whoopie cushions, lol.

(oops, did I say that out loud? lol, yeah, I'm a rule breaker, blush)

:)

aeormsby

Heh, yeah, I never buckled mine, it's like 2 pounds of yogurt cup and self inflating whoopie cushions, lol.

(oops, did I say that out loud? lol, yeah, I'm a rule breaker, blush)

:)

Glad I'm not the only one :eek: I don't worry too much about the Literiders since they're so little. But DH never buckles in the Vivo in his truck (I do if I remember). But it's usually just him on his own if it's not everyone so if he gets clocked in the head with it it's his fault. :p

SavsMom

We have a Cambria and love it. I find the padding to be pretty good in comparison to our Britax. The only downside is that it is wide and won't work well in all vehicles due to the width.

Dorothy

Does it have any padding under the cover (versus just simply a padded cover)? Exterior width will not be an issue, but how wide is the interior? Wider than the Performance Booster?

SavsMom

Does it have any padding under the cover (versus just simply a padded cover)? Exterior width will not be an issue, but how wide is the interior? Wider than the Performance Booster?

The cover is nice and thick plus there is some extra padding under the butt.
Size wise it is similar to the Performance Booster, the big difference is it doesn't taper at the back as much as the Performance Booster making it a bit more difficult to buckle in some vehicles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC