Quick Help Needed...Booster Evenflo or Diono

havasushannon

Getting a 2nd car booster for my daughter and wondering if I should get the diono or evenflo, there is about a $50 difference.
She is 9, 54lbs and about 54" tall.

ADS

Athena

Which Diono, which Evenflo? I'm assuming the backless Diono and Evenflo backless Amp? Can you see which one fits your daughter/vehicle best? I found when my DD was getting into those taller heights, some booster put her too high, making the shoulder belt too low/far out on her shoulder, so that might make the determination. Will you remember to buckle everytime or prefer a booster that latches? HTH.

Athena

The ones that are highback. She monkeys around too much and sometimes fall asleep.

If you're looking at a HBB for a 54" kid, I'd stick with only the tallest HBBs. She's probably outgrown the shorter HBBs, like the Evenflos. There are some very tall HBBs like the Safety 1st Boost Air that require vehicle head support and do not latch. For something that does not require vehicle head support and does latch and is still on the taller end, you could look at the Britax Parkway SGL or Recaro Performance. The Diono Cambria may be similar height too, but I'm not certain. My personal experiences are mainly with the Britax boosters, both the Parkway SGLs and the Frontiers in booster mode. HTH.

My 8yo still prefers HBBs. I had assumed backless because that seems to be what many people do.

henrietta

If you're looking at a HBB for a 54" kid, I'd stick with only the tallest HBBs. She's probably outgrown the shorter HBBs, like the Evenflos. There are some very tall HBBs like the Safety 1st Boost Air that require vehicle head support and do not latch. For something that does not require vehicle head support and does latch and is still on the taller end, you could look at the Britax Parkway SGL or Recaro Performance. The Diono Cambria may be similar height too, but I'm not certain. My personal experiences are mainly with the Britax boosters, both the Parkway SGLs and the Frontiers in booster mode. HTH.

My 8yo still prefers HBBs. I had assumed backless because that seems to be what many people do.

Yeah..the Evenflo's probably aren't going to work for her at her height. My son is shorter than her...2-2.5 inches shorter...and I think on the top setting of the Evenflo we have. ;) But try it out just in case--torso height can really affect the fit. We happen to like our Evenflo, and for a good size booster rider, the belt fit is fine and is pretty easy to work with the shoulder belt guide in most cars.

bnsnyde

I just got the Diono highback for my 8 YO for a spare seat. I have no idea how tall he is. Last time I checked he was 53" but that was some time ago.
He fits all the highbacks we have though.

Currently he is in a Recaro Performance booster, which we love! He even still fits the Frontier 90 harness on the top click. It was too hard to tighten, though.
I bought the Diono since it goes so high, and I figured down the road, it'd be good...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC