Question Cinderella Seat

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Those of you who know about the Kids Embrace Cinderella seat: I keep hearing that some of them will have ~15" top harness slots like the old KE seats, and others will randomly have ~18" slots.

This makes zero sense. Is there any truth to it? Where did this information come from?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
A long time ago, they increased the harness height by adding a third set of slots. Then, recently, they've shipped some seats that only have the original two. Apparently they can't guarantee what people will get. (At least with some of their seats. I don't know if the new one will be consistent or not.)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
A long time ago, they increased the harness height by adding a third set of slots. Then, recently, they've shipped some seats that only have the original two. Apparently they can't guarantee what people will get. (At least with some of their seats. I don't know if the new one will be consistent or not.)

Seriously?

And are we really sure about this? Or are people "missing" the top slots because they don't look like slots? I understand there was some confusion with the TMNT seat that was sent for the Carseatblog review, but on closer inspection there were, in fact, funky looking top slots.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Pretty sure. A tech on a Facebook tech group got a (Batman?) seat, and it only had two sets of slots. I assumed the same thing--that she missed the third set since they're...you know...different...but she had known to look for them, and they just weren't there. I'm pretty sure she posted a photo.

Then someone (possibly CSFTL) posted a response they got from KidsEmbrace basically saying that just because some third party (meaning CSFTL, CarseatBlog, etc.) does a review, that doesn't mean that other people are guaranteed to have the same features on their seats, and that some seats have two sets and some have three.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, it's apparently a.real issue now, and when contacted they said they never promised they'd all have the taller slots. Some seats also have taller slots in the shell but no hole in the cover even?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Pure speculation on my part (and I really, really hate to speculate) is that the 3rd set of harness slots (that were NOT designed to be used as harness slots when the mold was made) weren't the best idea and they decided to scrap them. Possibly due to the new SIP standards that NHTSA is working on, possibly for other safety-related reasons.

Again, pure speculation but regardless - I am not sorry to see that option off the table.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Pure speculation on my part (and I really, really hate to speculate) is that the 3rd set of harness slots (that were NOT designed to be used as harness slots when the mold was made) weren't the best idea and they decided to scrap them. Possibly due to the new SIP standards that NHTSA is working on, possibly for other safety-related reasons.

Again, pure speculation but regardless - I am not sorry to see that option off the table.

Seems plausible to me, but I have no actual knowledge that this is the case.

I was concerned enough about the top slots so I asked them directly about them. I was told, "The third harness was tested and passed all testing. It is safe to use as a third harness." Since we really can't second guess manufacturer testing, all we could do was put our concerns into the review.

http://carseatblog.com/27198/kidsem...nage-mutant-ninja-turtle-combination-booster/

At the time of our review, it also seemed as if there were two instruction manuals, one for a two-slot version, and one for a 3-slot version, so I think both versions have existed since at least then? At least in theory anyway. Perhaps some were only shipped to one country or another? Or maybe it varied from one product to another or during certain time frames for manufacturing. Again, all speculation.

Lenae

I was actually considering this seat for Sassy, but now I think I'll scrap the idea. It's a pretty useless seat if it only has 15" slots, and the iffy answers and manuals and crap about the other "top slots" do not fill me with confidence. I really wish KidsEmbrace was less sketchy, or that a different manufacturer had run with this idea, because I really think it's great. Parents are willing to spend their money on character merchandise their kids love, and this may just keep kids harnessed beyond 2 years old, which is the age I see people putting their kids in backless boosters around here. :rolleyes:

Safety Dad

KidsEmbrace made the design change to allow for the 17 inch harness at the end of 2013. They listened to their customers and made the necessary change to allow children to ride in the internal harness longer. Since the Cinderella seat is new it will have the 17 inch harness slot as well as all seats that were manufactured in 2014.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
KidsEmbrace made the design change to allow for the 17 inch harness at the end of 2013. They listened to their customers and made the necessary change to allow children to ride in the internal harness longer. Since the Cinderella seat is new it will have the 17 inch harness slot as well as all seats that were manufactured in 2014.

If that's the case, the company hasn't done a very good job communicating that fact.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC