Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Amazon Prime membership $72

Just in case anyone didn't know. But today only Amazon prime is on sale for $72 for new memberships.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Existing members might be able to take advantage, too. This is an article from last year, but the concept might still work: http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/score...prime-just-79/

Re: Amazon Prime membership $72

I've read that the gift-method works.

I'm still rolling on my monthly-payment prime from two years ago, and it still makes sense for my budget, so I'm passing on today's offer even while I feel a little silly for it.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

I'm passing, too, only because I'd rather pay $99 later than $72 (or $78 or whatever) right now.

What is the advantage of having Amazon Prime? Does it pay for itself after awhile?

You get free 2-day shipping on almost everything. For me, that alone is worth it because I order a lot and I'm impatient. Seriously, it saves my butt around the holidays because I always think of last-minute stuff.

You also get access to their streaming video service, which offers a lot of free content. Their movie selection isn't as good as Netflix streaming, and their TV selection isn't as good as Hulu, but they have a lot, including stuff I can't get on the other services. There's also a ton of stuff available to rent, which is nice because I don't do the Netflix disks or Redbox or anything.

You also get access to certain free kinked books, but the things I want are never available.

That's ok though; I'm mainly in it for the shipping.

Also, I'm kind of loving Amazon Prime Music, especially since I can download songs to my iPad for mobile listening.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Quote Originally Posted by Qarin View Post
    Also, I'm kind of loving Amazon Prime Music, especially since I can download songs to my iPad for mobile listening.
    Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

I was giddy the other day when I played some music through my Fire Stick the other day and realized it shows the lyrics on the screen (at least for the album I was listening to--not sure if that's universal).

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

I love the shipping. My kids use the streaming. I really like the new prime music- I can get current releases and download them to my iPhone for free! Makes it easy to check out an album without having to buy it.

They also have a lending library for kindle books- you can get one per month. I've never tried it though. I usually get the free books.

CCO 4/15

My mom, two sisters and I went in on it together. So it only cost each of us $18. We each put in our own credit card and address to ship our stuff to. Totally worth that! But of course you gotta trust peeps.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Can I derail for just a moment re: Prime Music? I've heard that streaming music through iTunes uses a ton of data, whereas Pandora uses very little. Does anyone know where Amazon fits on the spectrum? (And now that I've asked, I'll go google it.)

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    Can I derail for just a moment re: Prime Music? I've heard that streaming music through iTunes uses a ton of data, whereas Pandora uses very little. Does anyone know where Amazon fits on the spectrum? (And now that I've asked, I'll go google it.)
    The nice thing about amazon prime music is that you don't have to stream it. Once you add it to your prime player, you can download the music to your device and listen to it anytime without using data. I find that downloading movies through the prime player to take up very little space compared to a show through iTunes and I think it's the same with the music player.

CCO 4/15

Oh, I know, but I want to stream. I don't want to use up space on my phone, and sometimes I just like listening to playlists I have no desire to keep.