Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Question 4 kids 4 carseats...which mini van?

I currently have 3 kids and expecting our 4th in july. 4 yr old and 3 yr old r both in graco nautlius and both using 5 point harness. my 8 month old will b moved into a graco myride 65 once he hits 30 inchs or new babe arrives and new babe will b using a graco calssic connect 30. my plan was to place oldest in 3rd row on outbound sides (as they r in the he did this she did that lets fight stage). I am unsure of how much i will b able to get finacning for. There will hardly ever be any extra passenger excpet for another adult (which can ride in passenger seat). I have found several odyessys but most r 09 or older so which mini van do you reccomend for 4 carseats? PS my 4 yr old is almost at lower latch limit (9 lbs away). Thanks for advice.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: 4 kids 4 carseats...which mini van?

It really depends on your budget. It sounds like your budget is somewhat limited, so I would suggest that you can probably get a newer vehicle (with better safety features) if you go with a Kia Sedona instead of an Odyssey or Sienna. We have 4 kids in our Sedona and it works fine.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Yep...completely depends on the budget. You can fit most car seats and kids safely in the Odyssey, Sienna, Sedona, or Dodge/Chrysler/VW vans if all you need is space for 4 and really no additional seats. It's when you want additional seats, or need top tethers, that some vans & model years get eliminated. Budget can narrow down the search even faster.

We have a Ford Freestyle (Now Flex) and 4 kids.

I can put RF seats in either of the 2 back rows. It drives like a station wagon. 3rd row and I still have trunk space!

CPS Fanatic

We got the Odyssey when our 4th was born.
    Now on #6 and I don't regret the 8 seats!
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car