Bubble bum and stool

Lemonade

Got my bubble bums in the mail today. Kids tried the one I opened. In both a captains chair and the third row of my 06 sienna. They both didn't like it because of the lack of leg support. Was thinking of packing them with the stools that fold flat to use for their feet. Lap belt fit is otherwise good. I can believe this is a best bet booster honestly. Without a stool my kids could never stay in position on it.
WWYD? We will be renting a ford fusion "or similar".
Other options are harmony nbbs or rstvs.
Thx

ADS

Lemonade

There will be two hour long drives and one two hour drive btw. And the kids are slightly larger than siggy. Each about 3#s and an inch or two bigger.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, the dummies in the IIHS aren't as animated as real children, so seatbelts stay exactly where testers put them. (That needs to be the next dummy, wiggly, holding an iPad...lol).
I'm a fan of footstools, and of light travel... would one of the bags you are bringing also be a good thing to prop feet on? Shoes off, feet on your backpack, get comfy?

Lemonade

Well, the dummies in the IIHS aren't as animated as real children, so seatbelts stay exactly where testers put them. (That needs to be the next dummy, wiggly, holding an iPad...lol).
I'm a fan of footstools, and of light travel... would one of the bags you are bringing also be a good thing to prop feet on? Shoes off, feet on your backpack, get comfy?

Thanks - I think we'll have a couple of rolling suitcases and then some small backpacks, but perhaps not anything big enough to actually get their feet where they need to be. My default at this point is the hard NBBs so anything smaller than those would be a win.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...ding-step-stools/112924?Keyword=folding+stool

You probably get what I'm talking about but here's a link to the basic stool. We have one now (slightly different) and it should be easy to toss two in a bag with the BBs.

aeormsby

I put DD's small rolling bag at her feet (pilot sized bag, fit under the seat on the plane) when we traveled last year. We did a 4 hour drive from Atlanta to Charlotte and she wasn't thrilled but it worked OK. We I think had a Chrysler 200 for a rental that trip.

Lemonade

The NBBs I have on hand are a harmony youth (the one that walmart sells for $11.xx and looks very similar to the topside), and the bottom part of a harmony dreamtime. The dreamtime actually fits DS rather well and supports his legs, and both kids do fine in the harmony youth. They normally ride in Montereys though and DD earned herself a little talk on keeping her upper body where it should be while we were trying things out. DS is fine and good at following rules and very unlikely to sleep.
Hmmm... I also need to actually get a duffle or large backpack and see what fits. The two NBBS that I do have didn't puzzle together well for packing.
Thx all.

aeormsby

We have 2 Literiders (Youth Boosters) also. I got the Bubble bum because I thought it was easier than dragging both of the Harmony boosters on trips, and it was. But traveling just keeps getting easier as the kids get older so taking the other 2 probably wouldn't be as much of a hassle as it used to be.

I don't pack our NBB's when we fly, I just rest them on top of a rolling bag (upside down with the bottom against the uprights, if I remember a bungee or strap I'll use that to hold it on tight). I stash them overhead on the plane because I like the kids to have their bags with activities at their feet.

Also make sure you don't over-inflate the BB, I know if I fill it as much as it lets me it gets too round and DD has a hard time not falling to the side when we turn.

Baylor

HAve you thought about taking the back off the monterey? Both my kids really liked the sante fe because of the leg support and cup holders.

Lemonade

HAve you thought about taking the back off the monterey? Both my kids really liked the sante fe because of the leg support and cup holders.

I have found the NBB part of the dreamtime to be pretty comparable to the NBB part of the Monterey. And lighter. The Montereys are their primary seats in my van, which we'll be driving to the airport, so I'd prefer to leave those intact. I do have a 3rd Monterey in the closet so I could think about using that one.

finn

My son crosses his legs on the car seat when sitting in his bubble bum for any length of time. He was complaining about it yesterday though (we were car shopping, he was complaining about everything lol).

We have used it for 2.5 hours in one go and he did really well (he was 6 at the time).

We pack a folding footstool if we're checking a bag anyway, but it's for the bathroom sink at the hotel. Not a big deal to bring it but it's not super light -- two of them might be a bit much. I'd really try to throw some luggage under their feet if they're needing something to rest them on.

Lemonade

Well we did the BB and folding stool. Ended up with a Camry and the seats were so deep that DD's legs pretty much didn't reach the stool. But DS's did. DD had to be reminded a lot during the long ride to sit right and fix the shoulder positioner as it kept falling forward on her arm.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC