2015 Kia Sedona

tesslouise

Any reviews? Especially looking at car seats? Our family (MIL, FIL, 2 DDs, DH, and me) can just barely fit in my Mazda5 now, and I'm due in June with baby #3. DH actually wants 4 kids, so if we're going to move up to a minivan, it makes more sense to buy an 8-passenger than a 7.

ADS

Mags462

I dont think any of the "regular" people here have one - but I was hoping i was wrong and someone might pop in! Looks like though no one has one. Although it's on my list to try when we trade in the Sienna because it looks really great!

If you do end up getting one, come back and tell us what you think :)

aept

Somebody's hubby works at the Kia dealership. They were going to at least test drive it.
Gah. Who was it?
Darn Pregnancy brain.

jjordan

Somebody's hubby works at the Kia dealership. They were going to at least test drive it.
Gah. Who was it?
Darn Pregnancy brain.

Found this, from Gidgetc13. Doesn't post all that often, but was last on the forum today around noon. I have been wondering about it, too!

LC2003

I had a 2006 Kia Sedona because at the time, it was hyped as super-safe, economical, etc. It did have 4 LATCH positions, which was nice; no "do I have to put my RFing child in the 3rd row" dilemmas. But it turned out to be a piece of crap with awful reliability and needed constant repairs, including major ones like the suspension rusting out repeatedly because they never salt-proofed it in the factory. :( I know this is a new car, but when my car was new, it was supposed to be great, but then over the years, it turned out to be a bad bet, and by the time we sold it, was on lists of "used cars to avoid." Long story short, I was so burned by that car that I would never buy another Kia and we replaced it with a Toyota Sienna, whose reliability has been steady for many years.

cso1997

I had a 2006 Kia Sedona because at the time, it was hyped as super-safe, economical, etc. It did have 4 LATCH positions, which was nice; no "do I have to put my RFing child in the 3rd row" dilemmas. But it turned out to be a piece of crap with awful reliability and needed constant repairs, including major ones like the suspension rusting out repeatedly because they never salt-proofed it in the factory. :( I know this is a new car, but when my car was new, it was supposed to be great, but then over the years, it turned out to be a bad bet, and by the time we sold it, was on lists of "used cars to avoid." Long story short, I was so burned by that car that I would never buy another Kia and we replaced it with a Toyota Sienna, whose reliability has been steady for many years.

All car lines have lemons. I am currently loathing my 2013 Honda Odyssey. I got rid of a flawless 2003 Kia Sorento to move to this mess having problems that I should not be having at just under 30,000 miles. I understand your utter frustration as I am living it now but I am not willing to write off Honda because they built one piece of crap. Toyota puts out crap every now and again too. There isn't one manufacturer that builds flawless vehicles. I am sorry that you got a lemon though. It's upsetting.

LC2003

All car lines have lemons. I am currently loathing my 2013 Honda Odyssey. I got rid of a flawless 2003 Kia Sorento to move to this mess having problems that I should not be having at just under 30,000 miles. I understand your utter frustration as I am living it now but I am not willing to write off Honda because they built one piece of crap. Toyota puts out crap every now and again too. There isn't one manufacturer that builds flawless vehicles. I am sorry that you got a lemon though. It's upsetting.

It wasn't a lemon. It was a known recall issue. They refused to refund us the costs of fixing it, though. When we bought it, it was on the car blogs' best buy lists. When we sold it, it was on the do not buy list. Unless they totally changed the guts of the car, it should still be a do not buy. Cosmetic differences don't matter if the car itself is unchanged from previous models.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I had the 7-passenger model for a week a few months ago. The review is forthcoming within the next few weeks. Very nice minivan, right up there with Odyssey overall, though it doesn't share the array of LATCH/tethers. I had the 7-passenger model, but the 8-passenger version is nice, too.

tesslouise

It wasn't a lemon. It was a known recall issue. They refused to refund us the costs of fixing it, though. When we bought it, it was on the car blogs' best buy lists. When we sold it, it was on the do not buy list. Unless they totally changed the guts of the car, it should still be a do not buy. Cosmetic differences don't matter if the car itself is unchanged from previous models.

From what I've read, yes, theoretically, KIA did change the "guts" of the Sedona this time around--but I'm not car-knowledgable enough to judge for myself, KWIM?

tl01

Curious about the issues you are having with your Odyssey. Care to share?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
From what I've read, yes, theoretically, KIA did change the "guts" of the Sedona this time around--but I'm not car-knowledgable enough to judge for myself, KWIM?

It is an all-new model, which almost always means new sheet metal, new interior layout and new dash/electronics along with anything else that is seen. It usually means a new or updated powertrain as well, though in this case it is just a minor tuning change I think. As for all the other parts that you don't see, there's probably a good amount of carryover for stuff like door/window motors, cooling system, suspension, etc. You hope they improve parts that have high failure rates, and they all carefully track that stuff, but you never know for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC