Crash test videos- unrestrained children

ADS

Niea

Those are scary!

I wish they had used a car that had front seats, though, just to get a better picture of what would happen in a typical car.

lovinwaves

Um...where are the front seats???

Ok, this is horrid of me, but that second video made me chuckle :duck: . Don't know if it's the arms, or how the dummy stays in the seated position with the legs sticking straight out LOL!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
THANK YOU so very much. I will be showing these to my daycare parents who refuse to buckle their children. Even though there are no front seats, it still drives the point home. Those kids will be striking the vehicles interior. And the one in the middle...will be flying into the dash.

sb518

It makes me laugh too, although not so much imagining real children. It looks kinda fun to fly through the air in slow motion :eek:

elle7715

I'm still upset about this. A car pulled out in front of us (completely their fault, I don't think they even saw us) and so DH and the other driver braked hard and came to a complete stop. We were going about 20mph, but both kids were rearfacing and barely noticed. The other car was going *maybe* 10 mph pulling out of a parking lot. They had what looked like a 3 year old girl and a smaller child who was probably a young two year old. There were no car seats in the car. I don't know about the younger child but the three year old wasn't even buckled in. When I looked up (I was looking at my kids when we braked) the younger child was toppled over on the seat and the three year old was perched on the edge of the seat with a shocked look. The driver was MAD and we drove on. By the time I realized that their kids had probably hit the seat back and might be hurt, we were already merging. I looked back and the car had driven about a dozen feet and stopped. It probably would have just gotten ugly if we stopped, but I feel guilty. Isn't it horrible that I feel guilty even though it was someone else's fault and THEY didn't use car seats? Sorry for the long winded post, but even braking hard pulling out of a parking lot can hurt your kids if they aren't restrained properly.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Germany has a law about using seats until age 12. I don't know if other Euro countries have followed suit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC