EASIEST infant seat to install baseless?

bnsnyde

This goes along with my other thread.

Let's say I want to (at least once a day when we go to the gym, probably 2 or 3 times if we go anywhere else) simply put the infant seat in the van and use the seatbelt to install it, without the base.

Easiest seat to do this quickly and safely? Even when it's below zero and there is no time to lose due to my fingers freezing! :)

I wanted the Graco 40 since it seems like it'd last the longest and I want to have the ease of an infant seat...unless it's a pain to install baseless.

ADS

Brianna

I was installing baseless OnBoard 35s last night in about 15 seconds a piece. The seat belts have locking latch plates though, so YMMV with a locking retractor seat belt (and a different vehicle).

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not sure which is your other post that this goes along with, but I like to install the Aton/Aton 2 baseless. I don't know about whether the install is the easiest, but it definitely has felt the most secure to me, which makes it feel pretty easy in my opinion. But the security comes (at least in part) from the European belt path, which adds an extra step to the install. Not sure whether the extra step is too much of a hassle.

Dillipop

The install of the combi shuttle 35 baseless is super easy with the rebound bar. But it can only be used baseless until 22 lbs.

bnsnyde

We do have the Aton 2 if baby boy wants to ride in pink style. :)
It won't last super long though.

Oh well. I ordered a Graco 40 so we'll have that, as well. Maybe I'll use the base more than I thought. At any rate, it won't last until age 2. Based on the height limit, my 20 month-old girl is already too tall for it, and my boys tend to be even taller. But at least it'll last longer than other seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
One thing about the CC40 base is, it takes literally seconds to install, so if you want that seat in and out a little, skip the LATCH and use the lockoff. I had to install one today in an old Suburban and due to some little whatever-issue I had, I had to do it three times, all perfect, all took only seconds. I thought I posted to you earlier, but the Gracos are super easy to install baseless, too, the trick is to NOT test the install anywhere but the belt path, get it twanging tight and don't touch it again ;)

Keeanh

I seem to remember my 2006-ish Safety 1st Designer 22 being easier baseless than other seats I've had. Don't know offhand if current Dorel seats use the same guides, though, sorry :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC