BRU Trade In Event starts 1/23!!

kimigal

I have been waiting for this event to trade in an old car seat for a new booster seat. Anyone with experience who can comment on how this works?

I'm wondering if the item you want has to be stocked on shelves, particularly. I went in yesterday to browse and they only had 1-2 of each booster seat on the shelf.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Thanks for the start date! Do you know how long it lasts? I have an old stroller I'd like to trade in, and I don't know how it works either. Are there any major exceptions as far as manufacturers?

seb3244

What do you get if you trade something in? Can can this discount be combined with the regular 20% off babies r us coupon?
Thx

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706

Definitely no stacking coupons, just the one (though *maybe* a registry completion coupon or credit card approval work, generally those will stack, but I never know what will happen till I try to ring it...).
If they run out of stock of a regularly stocked item (we keep way less stuff visible now, the stockroom is probably stacked to the roof in preparation for the event), then they will order it from online (word of warning, this can be a tedious procedure...).
Every year things are a little different, the first year, no Britax! :eek: Looks like Fisher Price is still too cool to play along :rolleyes:...I'll update if there's anything really weird this year.
No, you don't have to have a cover or harness on your carseat (if it's gross, they will be happy you spared them the funk...), and unfortunately, a carseat base doesn't work. It all gets piled onto pallets and taken to the dump wrapped in huge amounts of plastic wrap, so seriously, don't bring in anything with good resale value.

LC2003

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706

Definitely no stacking coupons, just the one (though *maybe* a registry completion coupon or credit card approval work, generally those will stack, but I never know what will happen till I try to ring it...).
If they run out of stock of a regularly stocked item (we keep way less stuff visible now, the stockroom is probably stacked to the roof in preparation for the event), then they will order it from online (word of warning, this can be a tedious procedure...).
Every year things are a little different, the first year, no Britax! :eek: Looks like Fisher Price is still too cool to play along :rolleyes:...I'll update if there's anything really weird this year.
No, you don't have to have a cover or harness on your carseat (if it's gross, they will be happy you spared them the funk...), and unfortunately, a carseat base doesn't work. It all gets piled onto pallets and taken to the dump wrapped in huge amounts of plastic wrap, so seriously, don't bring in anything with good resale value.

What if the car seat I want to buy with 25% off is only sold online?

jwilliams

What if the car seat I want to buy with 25% off is only sold online?

It's iffy, I think. I was able to get a Coccoro this way in 2013. The store was actually happy to do it but the TRU employee had to make some phone calls and it took awhile to get it squared away on the computer. It shipped to the store.

LC2003

It's iffy, I think. I was able to get a Coccoro this way in 2013. The store was actually happy to do it but the TRU employee had to make some phone calls and it took awhile to get it squared away on the computer. It shipped to the store.

That's exactly what I would be doing if I did it. Don't know if I want to spend the money tho.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Definitely maybe. The coupons we get for online are really kind of meant to be for out of stock items, but then again, the rules change every year...so...definitely maybe, lol. It can't hurt to ask, and make sure you are asking a manager who hopefully knows all the procedures.

rachelandtyke

Yay, I was able to give two naked, strapless expired seats to friends to get new seats! :) Wish I needed something now, but won't until next year, and will have more expired seats by then!

LC2003

Definitely maybe. The coupons we get for online are really kind of meant to be for out of stock items, but then again, the rules change every year...so...definitely maybe, lol. It can't hurt to ask, and make sure you are asking a manager who hopefully knows all the procedures.

Is this the best price I will get on a car seat at BRU? I am not prepared to spend a lot of money this month as my baby is still only 7 lbs, but will need a convertible car seat before February 2016.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Looks like Britax is participating!

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.j...epage_aspot:1:Great-Trade-In-Event25-off-when

As far as I can tell the only carseats that are exempt are Maxi-Cosi and Peg Perego.

"*25% trade-in offer and 15% coupon offer available in store only. Must be regular-priced items. Trade-in and 15% coupon exclusions: Gear - Halo bassinets and Maxi-Cosi car seats; doorway jumpers and infant carriers; Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Peg Pérego, Quinny; clearance and Red Hot Deal items. Furniture - Mattresses, gliders/ottomans, special orders and clearance items. Valid 1/23 - 2/21/15. Coupon for 25% off provided in store on day of trade-in (when trade-in item is presented). One coupon per trade-in. Cannot be combined with any other ''R''Us offer for same item(s) or on prior purchases."

meljc

For the most part, it doesn't seem that great. The Car Seat Deals group on facebook posts amazing coupon stacks for Kohls and Target and Amazon has had some great deals as well (especially leading up to Black Friday). I'll only be participating because I have a crashed seat and $150 in store credit from returns:p

MotoMommaNH

The thing is...it may cost you money to toss an old seat if you don't have locals recycling. So for me it's totally worth it to bring an old seat in, get the coupon booklet and see if I can get a deal even if it's not on another car seat. Hoping this year to use it on a Space saver high chair.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

LC2003

For the most part, it doesn't seem that great. The Car Seat Deals group on facebook posts amazing coupon stacks for Kohls and Target and Amazon has had some great deals as well (especially leading up to Black Friday). I'll only be participating because I have a crashed seat and $150 in store credit from returns:p

On another blog, a woman claimed to stack coupons at target and get a NextFit for $125. That is awesome.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Does it have to be Graco? The car seat you purchase with the 25% off coupon after trading in a seat?

It's all brands of carseats they carry in most stores (not peg or maxi cosi), and all the brands of everything else (just NOT fisher price) :)

Dillipop

On another blog, a woman claimed to stack coupons at target and get a NextFit for $125. That is awesome.

There was a week a month or so ago where there was a glitch in target's system that if you did store pickup with the red card, the nextfit ended up being about $110 out the door.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC