Review of Old b safe vs New b safe - britax - w/ big baby

seb3244

Britax old b safe vs new b safe The store that I went to did not have the new britax b safe elite. I still want to try that one. Both are very nice seats I would use either seat because they're both nice and have good safety standards like All britax seats.

Dd is 7 months and her six month check up she was 20 lbs. 8 oz. and 28.5 inches long. She is in the 97th percentile for height and weight.

From the pictures you can see that the new britax seat seems more narrow and it also appears, although I didn't have a ruler with me, to have more space above my baby's head. Both seats had the harness on the second to the highest shoulder slot. The new seat seems to have less leg room but again I don't have a ruler. The new seat has buttons on the opposite side of the handlebar. The new seat has a different chest clip which was pretty easy and also the button to release the slack in the harness was much easier. The canopy on the new one did not seem as nice as the one on my old one. It did not have the Velcro to hold in place.

I usually pick up the infant car seat and hold it in the crook of my left arm and the new seat was more comfortable on that part of my arm because the handlebar seemed more rounded if that makes sense.

Here are the pictures of her in the old (date of manufacture Dec 2012) BSafe that I own

Here are the pics of the new seat. I wish I got better pics but my mom forgot to take her insulin so I had to hurry.

The images were you can see my hand near the baby's side you will see in the older car seat that there is much more room around the baby where as in the new car seat my hand is almost squished. Also when buckling my daughter in the new car seat I had to dig for the crotch buckle that was behind her back because that opening is so narrow between her and the car seat it was much harder to get the buckle piece out to snap into the crotch part.

I hope this helps someone in their infant car seat decision-making because it can be tough sometimes to finally make that decision.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm glad my eyes weren't tricking me, I knew that new seat looked smaller with less leg room...

Thanks for the pictures!!!

Mags462

Thanks for the pics - this one is on my short list for my sister....

And as an aside your DD is ADORABLE, seriously cute!!!! :D

Carolinadaisy

I think I'm going to buy a red Bsafe 35 for baby girl. Not sure we will make it a full year, but I think I'm ok with that now. I went back to look at the seat with DH today and we tried it out in the van real quickly. Bru made a sales associate come out to the van with us or else I would have snapped some photos! I really like it....and the canopy is bigger than those on the keyfit 30 or the graco snugride 35.

DH said he likes it a lot too, and he's happy we can get it in red rather than the blah grayish color that our BRU is carrying. So....one more big decision made. Just have to wait for Amazon to release it and hope the date isn't delayed or at least not by much. Almost 30 weeks pregnant now...seems crazy to think baby girl will be here soon!

aporthole

I've had 3 or 4 new B-Safe 35s (a couple Elites, a couple non) at check events over the last few months and I honesly don't like them. I much prefer the KeyFit for install (both lower anchor install as well as seat belt), use, and vehicle fit.

seb3244

I've had 3 or 4 new B-Safe 35s (a couple Elites, a couple non) at check events over the last few months and I honesly don't like them. I much prefer the KeyFit for install (both lower anchor install as well as seat belt), use, and vehicle fit.

Just encountered a b safe 35 at a car seat check and the keyfit is way easier to install

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC