Are any of the Britax Frontier covers machine washable?

sk8nut

Looking at getting my daughter the new click tight version now that she has reached the rfing weight limit of her Coccoro. Love everything about my son's frontier85 except that the seat covers are not machine washable. Very hard to get the smell out when he gets sick in the car :sick: Thankfully it hasn't happened often, but still not pleasant when it does.

Anyway, just curious if that has changed in the last 5 years.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Still says 'hand wash'. However, I have a 'hand wash' button on my front loader, soo....
If i had a top loader with a wicked agitator, I'd probably put it in a big mesh laundry bag to make sure nothing got stuck and twisted on it...slow spin, air dry, voila :)

Mom2Connor

I havent had to wash my sons frontier 90, but his marathon 70 says hand wash only as well, and I've machine washed it. I dot have a hand wash setting and I have a top loader with the old agitator, and just do delicate then hang dry. I've never had a problem.

Athena

I've owned many Britax seats and always machine washed their hand wash covers. In fact, I washed our cowmoo FR85 cover just the other day and it came out fine. However, I would never dry them, mostly had the velvety fabric, and I have a front loader. But when I didn't, I did occasionally machine wash them in a top loader with agitator. Once when on vacation I had no other option and, luckily, it worked out. So I wouldn't let that stop me from buying a seat.

erind

I have also machine washed all of my Britax covers. I hang them to dry and have never had an issue.

aeormsby

I've always machine washed (front loader, delicate cycle) my carseat covers, mostly Britax but a few others as well. I hang them to dry and they looked as good when they were expiring as they did when I got them.

thtr4me

I have machine washed on the delicate/hand wash cycle, and dried in the dryer on "ultra low" which is not much warmer than air dry. All have come out just fine.

sk8nut

Thanks! I usually throw hand wash items in my washer, but car seats I've been afraid to go against instructions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC