Target is closing.. Will you buy a seat there?

bubbaray

I would be cautious about buying a safety item (like a car seat) at Target Canada right now because I wouldn't put it past the liquidators to sell floor models, for example. But I have zero faith in Target Canada and even if they are the only retailer to supply a seat I wanted, I would not give them my money.

ADS

jacqui276

Generally when I've seen floor models for sale, they are out of box and sometimes even labelled as such. I wouldn't be concerned buying an unopened boxed seat from Target.

biddyk8

The floor models I saw today all had display model do not use labels stitched into the fabric. I don't think there will be many seats go in the liquidation. Their baby sale is still on so seats have been 20-25% off. The store I was in today only had about 4 seats from baby to booster left on the floor.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I guess it's ok to buy a car seat there if you know exactly what you want. If any advice is needed or there are simple questions you might as well purchase your car seat at the local liquor store or at a gas station.

Target sells liquor.

Oh, I guess I shouldn't buy my carseat at Wal-Mart either. Or the USA Baby store here locally that claims to have technicians on staff, yet continuously sells *expired* overpriced carseats to unsuspecting customers. Yep. I'll take my chances at the Target where I can get my Wild Turkey, thankyouverymuch.

Keeks64

Our store was great! Super clean & organized , super friendly staff & way better sales & selection than our gross dirty walmart.

Their toy selection is epic compared to Walmart & their clothes are so cute!! Circo is better than George brand hands down & the carters stuff was always super cheap.

DH & I are both sad it's closing. We shop there a lot. Cheapest milk, cheese & coffee creamer in our town & they are often on sale or give you one of those coupons with your reciept

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
I loved our Target too and I'm sad it's closing. I don't like Walmart (especially after working there) and Target had great sales. I'm going to keep any eye out for clearance seats here, it'd be nice to get some spares but I don't think they carry anything I want for a main seat.

KristineML

The Targets in my area were always clean, but could have been better stocked. I liked that they were open a bit later and weren't that busy.

My niece and her family lost most of their belongings in a fire a few weeks ago. She didn't have insurance so I'm hoping to hit up the Target clearance to get some things for her. Rest of the family seems fixated on Walmart for this.

bbartlettnfld

Our Target was great, my husband is currently working there. Has been since November. Targets are not poorly stocked, at least ours wasn't. it was in their business model to only have 2/3 of an item on the shelf at a time. I loved how clean it looked. And that it was staffed! I'm trying to see if our local Target will donate the floor models to our Kids In Safe Seats as training seats- but I have a feeling they will end up in the compactor.

Our walmarts are gross-everything looks pawed over and there is never a staff when you need one...

Keeks64

Sales should start Thursday!!!!!

They cleaned our Target out already to send to a bigger store for liquidation I'm sure but hoping to score some deals! Last I checked we only had infant seats & boosters & 1 R100 on the shelves

Mary_Ann

There were only boosters left last week. If only I knew the gender for this baby I could score some clothes...Give me 2 more weeks Target!!!

KristineML

I was at a Target in Hamilton yesterday. They had a couple of Eddie Bauer infant seats, a comfy carry, and some Complete Airs in boxes. Car seats were 10% off.

Store was fairly well stocked aside from car seats and women's socks.

I went to my Target yesterday.
No more Harmony Cruz.
I was sad, I really wanted one just in case.
do you know if the Cruz is sold somewhere else?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC