Need help with new seat for infant and placement

Shilohsmom

Hi there,

Its been a long time since I posted. I'm a mom to 3 and I'm 33+ weeks pregnant with our 4th and I just realized that our Combi infant seat is expired. Help!

This will definitely be our last kid. I don't want to go buying a $300 infant seat that we'll only use for 3 or 4 months. Also, where do I put the car seats?

Shiloh is 8, 53", 65# in a Graco Affix HBB. Joey is 6, 49" 62# in a Graco Affix HBB. Finley is 2.5; 35" and 28# FFing (very newly FFing) in a Graco MyRide 65. Right now I have all 3 in the middle row and we have the third row laid down so that we have cargo space.

What seat would be good for the baby? And ideas on configuration? The older 2 are able to buckle themselves, they sit correctly in their seats, and I can trust them to behave. So I could put them in the back, and the 2 babies in the middle row on the 60 side and fold down the 40 side so that they can climb to the back. But I'm not sure.

I don't mind spending a chunk of change on a good seat, just not an infant one that we won't use again.

Thoughts?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What vehicle are you in? Are you interested in using a convertible, rather than a rear-facing only, seat from birth?

Shilohsmom

Oops, sorry I forgot to mention. I'm in a 2012 Honda Pilot. And yes, I'd rather use a convertible. I moved my last one to a convertible at 4weeks. My kids were 10#, 8#, & 7# at birth. This one is measuring a little big so far, so I'm not too worried about her being too small for a convertible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC