A good full time booster?

Jnc91

We're going to start with leaving the frontier with the harness in and using the turbo as a booster training seat. Ds is an only child so there's no problem having both seats in the car at the same time. That way there's an immediately consequence if he goofs around.

But once he's good with the booster seat should we use the frontier or a better booster only seat? The turbo I'm thinking he'll outgrow too quickly to use it for long. Latching is a must, preferably adjustable latching.

Ds is 6 1/2 yrs old. Very immature (but dad moved him to lbb so I'm dealing with issues on my side now-grr). He's 48-49" tall. 52 lbs. and is on the top slot of the frontier 85, maybe 1/2" to outgrow it.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I agree that the Frontier in booster mode is a good option.

In your son's dad's vehicle, does he have support behind his head (to AT LEAST the top of his ears)?

sacwest

My son is close in size to yours: 49", 50lbs. He's 7.5 y/o. We recently moved into a booster - ordered several different options and tried them out with him and in the car. The Kiddy Cruiserfix was the winner. My son is a bit leggy and his previous seat was causing his legs to fall asleep because it cut into the back of his thighs. The Cruiserfix has an adjustable leg rest. It also has latch, which was a necessity for me as well.

He's comfortable, and I like the safety features of the seat.

Good luck!

Athena

Our 8yo has been in her FR85 in booster mode since outgrowing the harness and loves it. She is almost 57" tall and still has lots of growing room. It's a bit more of a pain to move than a dedicated booster (bulkier and we latch and tether it each time), but it's very comfy and has nice, deep leg support for taller kids. Our 6yo (slightly taller than yours) rides in the Parkway SGl (paid less than $100 on a good sale) and it fits very well with room to grow. It's also comfy, has nice head wings for sleeping, and is a bit easier to move between cars, while still latching. However, our 8yo doesn't find it as comfy as the FR85 at her height. I'd try the FR85 in booster mode before buying something else and see what you think. HTH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC