Nextfit in Canada?

bccrst

I saw a really old thread about Chicco bringing the Nextfit to Canada...has anyone heard a recent update?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The last time I asked Chicco, in October, I was told there was no ETA and that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Sorry that I don't have better news! :(

bccrst

Update for anyone who is also awaiting this seat...I contacted Chicco Canada on FB, and got this response:

"Hi XXXXXXXX, The NextFit car seat has not yet been approved for use in Canada, it is still in the testing phase. We are working very hard to bring it into Canada, however we do not have a release date yet. It is not part of our 2015 collection. We are hoping it will be available in late 2015. As soon as we have more information we will share it on our page."

I'm crossing my fingers that it shows up by late fall!

Chila88

I was at a conference this week with the fellow from EI Brand Management Group (Graco/Chicco/Nuna/Combi) who is doing the compliance testing for the Nextfit in Canada and he said it is still a ways away. :(

He has been actively working on it for more than 3 years, has done over 300 sled runs with it already, and will have to do another 120 compliance runs when they feel they are ready to go. He is hoping it might hit the shelves before the end of the year but made no promises. At least it is coming!!! He also just received his sample of the KidFit booster and will be working on that.

Finally he shared that the Nuna Pippa will be coming without the load leg at first. It passes with the leg, but must also pass with the leg tucked up and stored, and that is giving them trouble.

Hazelandlucy

I was at a conference this week with the fellow from EI Brand Management Group (Graco/Chicco/Nuna/Combi) who is doing the compliance testing for the Nextfit in Canada and he said it is still a ways away. :( He has been actively working on it for more than 3 years, has done over 300 sled runs with it already, and will have to do another 120 compliance runs when they feel they are ready to go. He is hoping it might hit the shelves before the end of the year but made no promises. At least it is coming!!! He also just received his sample of the KidFit booster and will be working on that. Finally he shared that the Nuna Pippa will be coming without the load leg at first. It passes with the leg, but must also pass with the leg tucked up and stored, and that is giving them trouble.

Is Canada testing much stricter? It seems weird to me that the seat is taking 3 yrs to pass and apparently still hasn't, but is sold in the U.S. Makes me want to buy only seats that are also on the market in Canada!

katymyers

Is Canada testing much stricter? It seems weird to me that the seat is taking 3 yrs to pass and apparently still hasn't, but is sold in the U.S. Makes me want to buy only seats that are also on the market in Canada!

That wouldn't necessarily help, a lot of seats sold in both countries aren't actually identical. There are slight differences between seats because of the differences in testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Some days I feel that way, too...:eek: I'm all about that rebound control for gigantic rearfacing preschoolers. Wonder what they are having to change on this seat, though? (the differences in some seats have been literally an 8 inch square of regular foam, like comfort foam, to meet head deflection standards, compared to big, obvious differences like Britax requiring an anti-rebound bar...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC