Seats in a mid 90's Truck

agave

I am giving a Maestro and a Big Kid Sport booster to my cousin for her 3 and 5 year old, I don't think they have any seats at all, I have not met the kids but I've been told they are a little smaller than mine. Their main ride will likely be my uncle's truck which I think is a '94 extended cab Chevy, only 2 doors.

What are the chances of these seats fitting in the back? I don't know if the truck has airbags, if it has a driver's side airbag does it effect the center seat?

My parents are helping them move and they have no experience installing seats but are competent bucklers. I need to find the manuals.

ADS

agave

What about the booster overhang? I've heard this is a problem in trucks but I've never had to deal with it.

bubbaray

For an extended cab trucks, particularly the older ones, the starting point for any FFg seat is a shallow-bottom, very upright seat. I would guess that most dedicated boosters won't work in the truck, but you won't know until you try. The Harmony LBB is pretty shallow front to back

agave

That's the $13 walmart seat right? Unfortunately it's unlikely I will be there when the seats get put in the truck, I really hope they get used. I wish I'd known why my mom was asking about spare seats at Christmas when I could have talked to my uncle and looked in his truck.

bubbaray

Sorry I just re-read your OP. I'm not sure about the BK booster. You would have to try it. Does the booster manual allow overhang? Usually not

agave

I can't find anything in the manual, but I sometimes miss things when a bouncing 5 yr old is asking for food.

disbugsmomma

I have a 97 Dodge Ram extended cab and the back seat is pretty decent sized. I just did a google search and the back of the Chevy looks very similar. I have had no trouble with a Turbo, Harmony Dreamtime or True Fit back there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC