3 across in ford f150 lariat

kaja2719

I currently have my 6yr old and 3 yr old in sunshine kids seats and we are expecting a baby in May who will be in a chicco key fit 30 in the middle seat position. My question is mainly for my 6yr old who is almost 70 lbs and fitting pretty snug in his seat. I am wanting to put him in a high back 5 point booster but I'm not sure what would be a good fit for our vehicle and his safety.

ADS

Kegracin

At 6 a booster is a great option and there are lots to chose from, however should you have a 6 yr old like mine that can not properly ride in a booster at you child's size the frontier 90 with click tight is a great option. (I've done my fr90 in my father in laws 2014 f150 full size a number of times his is not a lariat edition though).

If you decide you want booster options the Britax parkway and recaro performance booster are nice. http://carseatblog.com/23882/recaro-performance-booster-review-feeling-the-love/
http://carseatblog.com/22625/britax-parkway-sgl-2013-booster-review/

jess71903

Ambassador
At 7, unless there are some special needs, he is probably ready to be in a belt positioning booster. I would not buy another 5 point harness for a typical 7 year old.

The F150 has a pretty roomy back seat, and if you have 2 Radians, your options will be fairly open. I'd still look for somewhat narrow so buckling isn't a problem. I love love love my Performance booster, but it's a big seat,and very square at the bottom, so it may be a problem or buckling 3-across.

bubbaray

What year F150? In the current version you could fit any 3 across you want. If there were more belts, I bet I could puzzle 4 Radians....

CMeMeC

I currently have my 6yr old and 3 yr old in sunshine kids seats and we are expecting a baby in May who will be in a chicco key fit 30 in the middle seat position. My question is mainly for my 6yr old who is almost 70 lbs and fitting pretty snug in his seat. I am wanting to put him in a high back 5 point booster but I'm not sure what would be a good fit for our vehicle and his safety.

We have an 06, I have been able to fit any combination of seats I have tried. It usually has 2 boosters and a nautilus in it. Before that, it was 2 nautiluses and a parkway or amp hbb. I have had a rear facing seat in the center, but it's been a while. I like it for car seats, but there isn't much room front to back (ours has the backwards doors) and I am not a fan of the loop tethers.

bubbaray

IIRC 2009 was the first year of the new body style so your backseat is the same as ours (assuming this is a crew cab and not extended cab). .

You can fit anything back there.

henrietta

There's a Harmony highback that goes tall (not in most stores)...the V6 maybe? I bring it up, b/c my nephew rode in his backless version of it in my dad's F150 last year, along with my boys...3 across the back...we had an Xfix booster, a Harmony youth backless, and my nephews...another time, we had the Evenflo Secure Kid, Xfix booster, and nephews backless...all fit perfectly, with wiggle room!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC