Chicco KidFit

kookaburra

Any word on whether this new booster is actually coming out this month (as started in the advertisements) or even February?

I see it listed on the Target website but marked unavailable.

I'm looking to get a hbb for my newly 6yo who is 39 pounds. (She's 45 inches tall with a long torso.) The Marathons her younger brother is in expire in March, and as part of the car seat shuffle, she's going to get have a booster in one car. I want LATCH.

I've been leaning toward the Affix but would wait a few weeks to go shopping to consider the KidFit.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I waited *years* for Chicco's last booster (the Strada) to be released. It's possible that it will be out soon since their rep made a presentation on it at a conference last summer. But then again . . .

aporthole

They have it listed on the Chicco website, so I'd think that means chances are good things are still on track for releasing this month.

Carolinadaisy

It's on the Target website already for $99, but not yet available for purchase. Does anyone have info on top belt guide height or overall seat dimensions? I would think it actually is coming out very soon. And I'm thankful it does come in red so we can add this to our list to consider. I will have to measure to see if seat depth is deeper than the parkway.

kookaburra

Well, I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I waited *years* for Chicco's last booster (the Strada) to be released. It's possible that it will be out soon since their rep made a presentation on it at a conference last summer. But then again . . .

There's a big, multi-page ad in the February issue of Parents magazine that says coming in January 2015, which made me hopeful. But I'm also a little skeptical.

kookaburra

It's on the Target website already for $99, but not yet available for purchase. Does anyone have info on top belt guide height or overall seat dimensions? I would think it actually is coming out very soon. And I'm thankful it does come in red so we can add this to our list to consider. I will have to measure to see if seat depth is deeper than the parkway.

I haven't found anything. I paged through the manual that's on the Chicco USA site, just in case, but I didn't see anything with measurements.

BTW, where do those reviews on the Chicco website chime from since the seat isn't available for sale?

MotoMommaNH

There's a big, multi-page ad in the February issue of Parents magazine that says coming in January 2015, which made me hopeful. But I'm also a little skeptical.
I saw that too and noticed it said target exclusive. I am wondering about the reviews...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Didn't they notice Britax already calls their Combo seats a 2-in-1? Why attempt to create any more confusion in the marketplace? Tsk Tsk, Chicco.

Other than that, yay! Looks cool! :)

katymyers

Oh, this may be the answer to my prayers! I've been looking for a booster for Levi to use in my MIL's car occasionally, this is the first one that's really caught my interest as something to just use part time. If it's really only $100 it'll be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolinadaisy

The Target near me has this seat in display now! I didn't have a tape measure with me and I had my 3 year old so I didn't get to look long. Seat looks nice though. It is lightweight and didn't fall apart when I picked it up. It was funny when I pushed the button on the headrest to adjust the height, it didn't go up like I expected. The seat gets taller behind the lower back..hard to explain. I'm going to go back to measure top belt guide position soon.

It seems narrow to me, but that's just a first impression. Cover is padded, but I couldn't look under to see if there is foam. Disassembling a new display seat probably wouldn't go over well with the store.

I may consider this for ds1 but I want to compare with a Recaro performance booster and a Britax Parkway first. I'm planning to move him to a booster full-time by end of February so I can pass the Frontier 85 to Ds2.

Carolinadaisy

What did your child think of it compared to the turbo with ss? I didn't think to compare those while I was at the store. Looks like it may have about the same top belt guide height from the pics though.

Dorothy

The heights are very similar. The seat pan of the Kidfit looks deeper, but there's more padding in the seat back. He actually sat more correctly it than in the TBSS. The TBSS was too deep for him. He definitely would slouch in it. He said he preferred the TBSS, though. He kept playing with the flip-out cup holders, so take that for what you will. I thought it was a nice little booster, though. It seems very Chicco-y. ;)

kimigal

Thanks so much for the info! I was looking into the Graco Affix but I think I will wait to check out the KidFit before I make any purchases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC