Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Airport transfers in Vegas with 5 yo

We are traveling to Vegas with a 5 year old. Is anyone familiar with the ways of getting to the strip from the airport, and if any shuttle or limousine services provide decent car seats?
    Ideally we would prefer not renting a car for the airport transfer, as we will be staying on the strip for a few days without needing a car.

However, we will be renting a car later on our trip, so another option is for one of us to grab a taxi at the airport and buy a seat nearby while the other one stays at the airport with the kids. In that case, is there a carseat in particular that you would recommend?
    The seat would just be used for this trip and possibly later vacations, but we want one that is safe. Back home (overseas) she is actually still rearfacing, so I'm not too familiar with forward facing seats/boosters (assuming that is what we are looking at).

Any advise on which car rental services that provide the best carseats would also be greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    I would bring a lightweight backless booster...bubblebum, boostapak, or anything lightweight rated to your child's weight. Look for one with a shoulder belt strap.

Carseat Crazy

Re: Airport transfers in Vegas with 5 yo

We used rental car carseats once, recently, and I don't ever want to do that again. They were in rough shape, the straps didn't adjust evenly, and my kids screamed the entire time we were driving about how uncomfortable they were. Fortunately, we didn't have to drive that car much. Of course you could end up with a better scenario, but from what I've heard this sadly is pretty typical. And of course you don't know the history of rental car seats so it's a bit risky.

How big is your 5yo? A booster would be fine as long as she is mature enough for it. I haven't used Boostapak but it is intriguing -- since you plan to take this on multiple trips, I'd recommend either that or the BubbleBum, or possibly the Harmony youth booster, which is light and cheap but doesn't pack as easily as the other two.

I'd definitely recommend bringing one along with you rather than planning to go out and buy something while the family waits at the airport -- there's a Walmart very close to the airport, but you'd have to take a taxi and never know what will or will not be in stock -- and if you already have a seat with you, you won't have to deal with that extra errand on arrival.

Re: Airport transfers in Vegas with 5 yo

I don't know if I would want to rent a car seat, you never know what youre going to get. Also would your 5 year old be ok in a booster? its quite a change to go from RF to booster- if not you could try the GO- but you have to make sure you rent a car with a top teather -which shouldnt be a problem as all cars after 2001 (i think?) have them

http://carseatblog.com/30798/the-go-is-back/
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria