Convertible seat with bases-new Recaro seat

henrietta

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Moved it down here, so we can chat extensively. Wowzers, neato. I think the original Euro version has a load leg, so... bummer? Still, looks about 1000% easier to move from car to car than the Graco.

griffinej5

But the price is $400 for the seat, and another $100 for an extra base. At that rate, I could purchase 2-3 gracos. If it's supposed to be for people who are otherwise having to reinstall, the price point seems entirely too high.

Nimommyof2

Is the 400.00 american? I'd totally buy it even without getting an extra base I only have to install the base not the whole seat that would be so easy!!! The adjustable harness looks great as well. I run a dayhome and my radians, gracos drive me nuts a lot of the time hard to adjust hard to install

aporthole

It still has the odd 22.5" seated height limit that makes it extremely short in its rear facing height capacity.

Mom2Connor

I have a feeling the main market for this seat will be for parents who both work and first time baby. Many times they just can't seem to wrap their heads around convertibles not having a base. They get so used to have their mom, dad, MIL, babysitter, insert other caregiver, who can pick up/drop off the baby to day care that they end up spending more on the bases than convertibles would have cost in the first place. I see people on these garage sale sites that sell one chicco seat and 4 bases. It's crazy...

Spam

That looks neat. I wonder if it would be useful for rfing in a third row? Heavy to lift with kid in it, but maybe easier than climbing in the hatch to buckle younger ones. Also great for sleeping toddlers, I've uninstalled many seats to carry in a napping toddler, who usually woke up within 10 mins of being inside anyway. Looks easier to move than Graco ss.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC