Those of you in Nor CA...

jdchic3

I really want to see a Como IRL to see if I'm interested in purchasing one for DS instead of a MA. Does anyone around here know of any stores that have them in stock? Goores hasn't gotten any yet and I don't know anywhere else in the area that would have it. Thanks guys!

ADS

natysr

I saw one in person at Kids & Cribs in Antioch. There is another store called Kids, Cribs & Teens in Tracy, but I have no idea if the two stores are related, or if the Tracy store has the Como or not.

They just moved to a new location, so the address you get on the web may not be accurate. Call them to be sure.

BTW, They also had on display the Radian 65 and 80, the Safeguard child seat and the GO and britax seats.

natysr

Babyland in San Jose on San Carlos may also have it, as they carry some high end gear. Their phone number is 408-293-1515.

jdchic3

Thanks guys! Not quite sure if I'm willing to travel quite that far, we live about 20 minutes East of Sac, but it's good to know there might be someone close enough if Goores doesn't get one soon! I am just so very curious if I'd like it better than the MA for him!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I don't know of any stores. Have you called the baby store in Chico? I'll remember the name in a minute.... LOL. OH, it's Cat's Meow. They have Britax, but I'm not sure what else. Maybe I'll try to get over there tomorrow. Oh, the Silver Sandbox has some Recaros on their website, but you'd have to call to see if they have any Comos in the store. That's in Chico too.

That's all I can think of right now..

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
There is a high end baby store in Nevada City, or there was when I was there 6 years ago. LOL Not sure of any others in the Sac area though.

I can't believe Goores doesn't have it, thats just weird.

jdchic3

What store in Nevada City?! Goores said they have some on order they just haven't received them yet.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I have no idea of the name. I was there 6 years ago but it was in the down town area.

Hopefully Goores' will get them soon.

I am in Rocklin, where are you?

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Wow that is crazy! I am basically at the corner of Stanford Ranch (Galleria Blvd) and Sunset. So only blocks away from Roseville.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Very small! About 15 minutes away from each other. We used to live on the corner of Sierra College and Sunset. Do you ever go to any of the car seat checks around here? I try and work and as many as I can.

jdchic3

I have never been to one. Well, I went to have our seats checked a the Fire Station the day before DS was born. I felt really compelled to have his seat checked. It's good I did because my preggo brain wasn't turned on and I had the base installed at the lowest setting, thinking it was at the tallest, and had a rolled towel under it. The guy wasn't too great for much else, but he DID catch that. Sorry, that was a bit of a story...:whistle:

jdchic3

Ah, just realized exactly what you were asking. I'm not a tech, although I wouldn't necessarily mind getting certified. Now I know there's someone reliable in my area though!

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Ah, just realized exactly what you were asking. I'm not a tech, although I wouldn't necessarily mind getting certified. Now I know there's someone reliable in my area though!

I meant either way. There are a TON of great techs in Roseville! Jim Owens is the guy to talk to about getting certified. He was my instructor 5 years ago. There are three others that post here that took the class from him.

There are not any classes listed around here right now but keep checking. Or call Jim at the fire station in Roseville (the one down town) and ask him when a class is. You should also go to the next check, its very very rare to see seats that are installed correctly or a two year old rear facing. LOL Some of the techs will be shocked.

mcomommy

You should call the Silver Sandbox, I don't know if they have it for sure but it would not surprise, they tend to have more of the higher end baby items :)

Last edited:

jdchic3

That's good to know! I will have to call when I'm ready to do it. Too busy with little ones right now. How can I find out when the next check will be? I'd love to stop by!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC