Scootababy carrier and girasol wrap

munchkin

Anyone interested in either? I'm a bum and super lazy so don't want to write descriptions and take pictures. I totally don't mind if someone is interested though!

Scootababy is a hip carrier specifically made for hip carries and to be comfortable doing that. It's all black and in vguc. Smoke free. Thinking around $55?? Or whatever.

Girasol is GORGEOUS. However I've never used it. It's just such a waste sitting around. I asked on the girasol fb page and they told me its a light rainbow diamond weave. Size 7. NEW. Been rolled and unrolled a few times otherwise stored. Thinking around $155??? Or whatever though Id rather keep than lose much money.

Can get pics and more details if necessary. Thanks!!

ADS

lgenne

I think I'm not interested (well, I'm obviously interested, but I so don't need any more baby carriers) but FYI, the Girasol is available retail for $20 cheaper than what you're asking at the first place I found it, and other prints are even cheaper.

munchkin

I think I'm not interested (well, I'm obviously interested, but I so don't need any more baby carriers) but FYI, the Girasol is available retail for $20 cheaper than what you're asking at the first place I found it, and other prints are even cheaper.

Thank you! That's what the girasol people told me the 'value' was. I have no idea what I paid for it so went with it. See? LAZY didn't even research first! I'll research and negotiable on price.

lgenne

Thank you! That's what the girasol people told me the 'value' was. I have no idea what I paid for it so went with it. See? LAZY didn't even research first! I'll research and negotiable on price.

Ha! Of course that's the "value" according to the people who make it. :)

munchkin

Ha! Of course that's the "value" according to the people who make it. :)

Oh no! the mamas who are girasol fans. It's like a fb group that they all post their girasol pics on.

Where did you find it cheaper? Every place I'm seeing has it out of stock. Still it looks like it originally sold for what? $135 in this size?

littleangelfire

You're probably not interested since you never use yours, but if you're interested in a different wrap we could trade. I have a size 7 dolcino. It's very Brown, lol. Brown, tan, beige stripes.

tmahanes

I absolutely love this pattern of wrap. It's so beautiful. I don't know enough about wrapping, I used a baby k'tan for B and really liked it. I would like to branch out for this new one. Where is a good place to start learning?

What does size 7 mean?

I don't have extra cash right now but if this doesn't sell I might be interested in a couple months!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

munchkin

I'm showing this wrap out of stock or unavailable everywhere I look but I am totally willing to negotiate on pricing. So please don't let pricing stop anyone from wanting!!

You're probably not interested since you never use yours, but if you're interested in a different wrap we could trade. I have a size 7 dolcino. It's very Brown, lol. Brown, tan, beige stripes.

Thank you for the offer but I have an owl beco ::swoon:: and a wcmt in a girasol rainbow that are my keeper carriers. So I'll probably never 'try' a wrap.

I absolutely love this pattern of wrap. It's so beautiful. I don't know enough about wrapping, I used a baby k'tan for B and really liked it. I would like to branch out for this new one. Where is a good place to start learning?

What does size 7 mean?

I don't have extra cash right now but if this doesn't sell I might be interested in a couple months!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I seriously haven't a clue about a starting point. That's why this has literally never even been tried. I just don't know what to do with it! I know that there is a local babywearers group to me on Facebook that people rave about getting help from. They have 4 'basic' classes every month (one on each type of carrier) and people can take their child and their carrier and get help. They also have carriers that a person can try out to see what works for them. Maybe you have one in your area? You could see if a woven wrap would be more useful. I think a baby k'tan is a stretchy wrap? So only good for front carries and for babies. Woven wraps can be for newborns to preschoolers and all different kinds or carries. Seriously jealous of what some moms can do with a wrap.
Size 7 is the biggest one you can buy I think. I bought it when I was plus sized and I wanted to be able to do every carry possible. I know some moms cut longer wraps and hem them to make shorter wraps if they are smaller or want to do specific carries without a lot of extra fabric.

Honestly I screenshot cool looking carries and figured one day I'd find someone to help me and show them the picture and they could tell me what carry it is and how to do it. ;) clueless!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If the Girasol gurus say your wrap is worth $155, it's likely because it is out of stock everywhere and is somewhat of a favoured fabric/colour and yours is unused. If that's the case, you're probably better off selling in a Girasol group if you want to get full value for it. I mean why take much less here if you can sell for $155? :)

munchkin

If the Girasol gurus say your wrap is worth $155, it's likely because it is out of stock everywhere and is somewhat of a favoured fabric/colour and yours is unused. If that's the case, you're probably better off selling in a Girasol group if you want to get full value for it. I mean why take much less here if you can sell for $155? :)

It's just a show off your girasol page not for buying/selling. Ive listed it locally with no interest, but am wary of most shipping items pages now. Too much scamming going on and too much PayPal siding with buyer automatically. I've gotten burned a couple times with much cheaper items so I'd rather not be out a ton of money listing it places I dont 'trust'. Not that I haven't gotten scammed here too I just trust you guys a bit more. And there are plenty of people here that have been nice to me so I don't mind returning the favor and being out a little bit for someone that would love and appreciate it.
And to be honest if it only sold for $135 to begin with that's what I probably paid for it so I should list it for that.

cryswilkins

I thought I posted last night here.

Can I see IRL pictures of it? The ones on google vary a lot. Do you know what the weft color is?

I have the think about it. A seven is really long. I want maybe a 5. But I am a sucker for a rainbow.

munchkin

Sure!

Well maybe not. Lol! Could you pm me your number or email and I can text or send a few. I don't really know what weft means?

mom2juliarose

I have the think about it. A seven is really long. I want maybe a 5. But I am a sucker for a rainbow.

You could always have it chopped to a 5 and then sell the scrap. I know a lot of people who are always on the lookout for Gira scraps, and the remaining scrap of a 7 could make a RS.

cryswilkins

Sure! Well maybe not. Lol! Could you pm me your number or email and I can text or send a few. I don't really know what weft means?

Email is

crystalwilkinson AT GMAIL

Weft is the color it's woven with, sometimes it changes the look of the wrap, like if it's a cream wefts it's much lighter than if it's a purple weft.

lgenne

The picture in the link I posted definitely has a light colored warp with rainbow weft.

(The warp is the stuff you set up on the loom ahead of time; in the finished product, it's the threads that run the long way.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC