Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Crotch buckle on the evenflo symphony DLX

I buckled my 2.5 year old 35 lb boy into our new seat ff. it looks like the crotch strap and buckles really dig into the soft part of his belly. I added the infant padding (manual says only for rf) and the placement seems better. Should I be concerned? Should I use the infant padding?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Crotch buckle on the evenflo symphony DLX

Please follow the manual's instructions. We do not know if Evenflo tested it with the infant padding forward facing and it failed....or if it was not tested that way at all...or otherwise...

Does the buckle have multiple positions? Can it be moved forward?

It may not even bother him at all.

Did you just purchase this seat for him to use forward facing? If so, can you return it? It will not last him nearly as long as so many other seats on the market, convertible OR combination seats, in the same price range.

If you want to keep him forward facing and do not have a younger child to hand the Symphony down to, I'd consider a combination seat, such as the Evenflo Secure Kid, Graco Nautilus, Britax Frontier or Pioneer, Recaro Prosport, or Harmony Defender 360.
    henrietta
    former CPST & Mom extraordinaire of 2 rowdy little boys & 1 spunky girl toddler, among hundreds of other skills!
    #1, age 9.5, Harmony Literider or Transit backless booster, occasional Safety First Incognito
    #2, age 6.5, Cybex Xfit booster/Harmony folding travel booster/Evenflo hbb
    #3 age 15 months, Britax Advocate CT/Combi Cocorro

Re: Crotch buckle on the evenflo symphony DLX

I have been using the seat for about 2 weeks. We plan on having more kids so I needed a seat that could be used for an infant if needed. I don't think that he will out grow it until he moves into a booster (my tall 6 year old still fits in his car seat comfortably. We had an older sunshine kids radian that just expired and she barely fit into there.
    The crotch strap is not adjustable. I'm just a little concerned since the fit is so different from the radian.
    I do love the new style of latch lock and the simple harness adjustment. It is also nice to be able to recline ff.