Narrow Booster options?

Chris

It has been quite awhile since I have bought a highback booster, but I want a narrow one for my 7 yr old to use for the occasional car ride with a friend. What is out there that is narrow these days?

FYI-she currently rides in a frontier and we already have a low back, but I would prefer that she have a highback when possible.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What vehicle would it usually be in and what's the other seat in the most frequent scenario? Will she always have vehicle head support or is there a low back in any of these vehicles? What is her seated shoulder height? The narrow booster choices are relatively few, but knowing what else is in play might help us help you pick the best fit for the situation.

grouprn

I'm also looking for some narrow options. we have a harmony booster that I plan on using as a spare and for friends. it's narrow and light so would work well for moving between vehicles. Fits the captain's chairs in my traverse. Not sure how tall it goes but works for my 6yo or how comfortable for long rides. I bought it at Wal-Mart.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The harmony seats are pretty short, so may not last long for a 7 year old in high back mode. How long you'll want a high back is definitely a relevant issue. :)

Chris

Well, it would mostly be for dad's car which is a 2000 Ford Taurus and has fixed level head support if I remember correctly, but I also want the option for sending it with friends, so it would need to work in a variety of cars. Dad's car is also likely going to be replaced at some point this year, so basing the decision solely on one car isn't ideal here. It will probably never be the primary seat, just the backup for occasional use.

In Dad's car it sometimes has to play nicely in a three across with a maestro and a big brother in an adult belt. I also have a nearly 5 yr old who will end up using it at some point in the future when he outgrows the maestro as his secondary seat.

While I love side impact protection and all, I was super sad when they redesigned the Britax Parkway to be a lot wider. It filled a niche that no other seat really does anymore. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So it sounds like something that doesn't require support from the vehicle would be preferred, so that it can go in almost any vehicle?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC